• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Molehill

International Captain
Yeah it's also because Australia have just had two tests on the trot. And what's basically the rule as far as I can see is that three tests on the trot is not good.
Isn't the rule that there has to be 3 days between back to back Tests and a week following those?

ataraxia

International Coach
Thought it was a general ICC rule. It used to be that the only anomaly was the Boxing Day/New Year combo in Australia, but even that seems to have at least 3 days between now.
There were two days between tests on the NZ tour of Pakistan around the new year (right after the England tour); originally three but pared down.

CartyDurham

International Captain
1. I am 71 years old
2' You are a snotty nose little duckwit who has never played the game
3. You have never played a

The child expects meto roollove
You are someone who is very rude

i Was talking to @chunksafc. Not you. I was talking how england if the weather totally wrecks three days could forfeit an innings

I gave an example of when it happened

why can you not understand that very simple point

CartyDurham

International Captain
I apologise for calling you a worm on a fishing line wriggling. I apologize for calling you a piranha

there you go. I’m sorry for discussing cricket in the past

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
*7 days
*3 days

Also weekends exist.
They want to start the Tests on a Wednesday so it's either 9 days between all tests, or 2 days between all tests (but they give 3 by starting Thursday). They are mixing it up by alternating 9, 3, 8, 3 between tests
Good thing you guys are here to set @Daemon straight

embrassing lack of knowledge

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You are someone who is very rude

i Was talking to @chunksafc. Not you. I was talking how england if the weather totally wrecks three days could forfeit an innings

I gave an example of when it happened

why can you not understand that very simple point
Yep, Craddock was right

chris.hinton

International Captain
England have really shot themselves in the foot by backing Crawley. He's the obvious guy to drop to have foakes and bairstow in the same 11, but bar that NZ series he's been solid or better in 3 of his last 4 series and got runs in the first test this Ashes.

Don't like the message dropping him now sends after backing him for so long, but the idea of bairstow with the gloves again also sounds like a terrible call. These are all good problems to have, mind you. Better than the circus 12 months ago where the question was "who's gonna soak up 30 balls so root doesn't have to come in at 10-2.
Crawley talent level is way higher then Hayden, Warner et al. We are sticking with a 25 year old talent who is improving

Spark

Global Moderator

"When you get out first ball you just throw it in the bag. Potentially I thought that they were going to come straight and then he got a nice ball that swung in the right area," he said. "With a lack of bounce at Edgbaston, it sucks you in to thinking you can hit the ball a bit more and I just made a few poor decisions [against balls] that were really wide. They'd be eighth or ninth stump, some of those deliveries.

"They were very uncharacteristic dismissals to how I've usually played, that's why I was pretty frustrated with myself to get out that way and asked myself the question, 'why did I play at those deliveries?'.

"I've come up with my own summation of what that is. Now it's if there's anything I can do tactically or technically to make sure it doesn't happen again. It's a rarity that I'd play at those balls so it's not something I'm going to overthink, but I hold myself to a much higher standard than those dismissals."
Turns out Marnus does not, in fact, agree that there was nothing he could have done differently for his dismissals.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Crawley is a player from Kent. Rob Key is kent through and through and is overseeing cricket in England

crawley by any measure in the past (sorry about saying the past) would not have been in the England team as his average and mode of repetitive dismissals would have seen him dropped from the squad

stokes and mccullum though don’t worry about stats, (them not me, sorry again) they can only see the positive and in Crawley they see someone who they (not me) think will improve and help England win tests

if I was Australia , I would bring Starc into the team, as Crawley struggles majorly with left arm over bowling . He struggles with right arm over come to that

He will for reasons known to stokes and McCullum will play in all tests, unless injured, for the foreseeable future

I apologise now if anyone gets upset or furious over this post

Spark

Global Moderator
First photo of the Lord's pitch seen and it's significantly greener than the Edgbaston pitch at the same stage.
Lord be praised. Though that doesn't mean it'll be a greentop; many a decent batting wicket has looked very green a few days out before they get the mower.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Lord be praised. Though that doesn't mean it'll be a greentop; many a decent batting wicket has looked very green a few days out before they get the mower.
Big effort here from Spark tbf
So much talk about greentops, conditions and batting wicket etc yet he somehow manages to avoid the pitch.