• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

chris.hinton

International Captain
England have had their "Feel" of Australia. We almost won even when they were at 100% and we was trying a few things out. It's all change for the 2nd test onwards and i believe the Aussies will know this

4-1

chris.hinton

International Captain
So Weather currently

Wednesday - Cloudy, a bit of sun, Outside change of shower towards close of play
Thurs -Sun and Showers
Fri - Dry & Sunny 23c
Sat - Cloudy but Dry
Sun - Sunny

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How insane is it to schedule a 9 day gap between the first and second tests, and then 2 days between the second and third?

I’ll never understand cricket administrators.

Qlder

International Debutant
How insane is it to schedule a 9 day gap between the first and second tests, and then 2 days between the second and third?

They want to start the Tests on a Wednesday so it's either 9 days between all tests, or 2 days between all tests (but they give 3 by starting Thursday). They are mixing it up by alternating 9, 3, 8, 3 between tests

Molehill

International Captain
*7 days
*3 days

Also weekends exist.
Weekends don't really make any difference to Test Cricket in England, it'll be sold out no matter what day it is. But I'd have thought TV would've preferred a Thurs and Fri start for the next 2 Tests, more guaranteed weekend action for them.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain

I think the gap between the 1st 2 tests was to accommodate the Women's Ashes test.

Obviously if it clashed with a mens test, it would really struggle for exposure.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
England have really shot themselves in the foot by backing Crawley. He's the obvious guy to drop to have foakes and bairstow in the same 11, but bar that NZ series he's been solid or better in 3 of his last 4 series and got runs in the first test this Ashes.

Don't like the message dropping him now sends after backing him for so long, but the idea of bairstow with the gloves again also sounds like a terrible call. These are all good problems to have, mind you. Better than the circus 12 months ago where the question was "who's gonna soak up 30 balls so root doesn't have to come in at 10-2.

ataraxia

International Coach
I think the gap between the 1st 2 tests was to accommodate the Women's Ashes test.

Obviously if it clashed with a mens test, it would really struggle for exposure.
Yeah it's also because Australia have just had two tests on the trot. And what's basically the rule as far as I can see is that three tests on the trot is not good.