• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in West indies 2023

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
West Indies should really consider bringing Shai Hope back for one last Crack at test cricket ..Even if he bats in the middle order at No.5 , recently spent some time in county cricket with Yorkshire so he's definitely motivated for Redball cricket ..Talent is not an issue.

Socerer 01

International Captain
if Prasidh isn’t fit then Saini is the only other tall hit the deck with speed type of bowler they can go to. other option is Malik and he has fallen out of favour

they should start grooming bowler like Avesh soon, he like Thakur is more suited to test than white ball anyway

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
I don't find Avesh khan to be threatening. We have produced so many fast bowlers in the ipl but only few have the quality to be world class fast bowlers. Prasidh Krishna can be a good upcoming fast bowler but he is injured. Mukesh kumar can be a good bowler if they groom him nicely.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
if Prasidh isn’t fit then Saini is the only other tall hit the deck with speed type of bowler they can go to. other option is Malik and he has fallen out of favour

they should start grooming bowler like Avesh soon, he like Thakur is more suited to test than white ball anyway

Good Point✍

BCCI should know the age of pace Bowler, except Siraj (29 year)all pace bowlers are 30 plus

If we need better seamer for future

We should give chance to Youngster

No Arshdeep in the team

from 2018-2022 our pacer took 506 wkts at int'l

From 2019- till now in ranji trophy

Aakashdeep (26) took 90 wkts -(21.41)

Aavesh (26) took 70 wkts (20.25)

Shashikant (27) -70 wkts

Porel -60 (24 years)

Vaibhav Arora / Arzaan/Himanshu Sanghvan / Ajay Sarkar / Prithvi raaj/ Atit Sheth and Simranjit singh all young pacer from 24-26 of their age.india should give them chance in india A or so

Our pacer getting older now, why Unadkat make in both format for westindies?

Indias test match team selected on IPL form. If they dropped Puj why keep No hit Rohit in both Format?
Why Sarfu get Ignor? He is 25 years old every season he is among runs in domestic

The day pujara left out from indian team he told BCCI to play Duleep trophy to prove his worth i will not blame him but he deserved to go from test team with 23.07 average in 2023

G. S. Kohli

Navnit Saini took 4 wkts in 2 test but his economy not good, we have Sanghvan who is very. Impressive
With 19.23 with 37 wkts who is very young plus saini also in as net bowler so other should get chance now.
Kartik Tyagi too, Quick but not as fast as Umran

Niall

International Coach
Great career for Pujara. But definitely time.

Yeah a shame , a good bloke also. This sadly is an aging side so its time to start preparing for the future by replacing some of these guys.

When do you think Rohit and Kohli go?

I'd suspect no matter the result, Rohit may retire after the England series , he won't be far away from his 37th birthday.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Yeah a shame , a good bloke also. This sadly is an aging side so its time to start preparing for the future by replacing some of these guys.

When do you think Rohit and Kohli go?

I'd suspect no matter the result, Rohit may retire after the England series , he won't be far away from his 37th birthday.
Kohli was supposed to go already. No Indian batsmen has gotten the rope he has been given. Not even Tendulkar

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
I think West Indies chances are decent their test side has got a lot of steel about them
if they make fast bouncy wicket with seam like the won they can atleast show a fight.. India doesn't have Bumrah, Shami. Plus WI have a decent fast bowling group. But if they make low and slow wicket then no chance.

Last edited:

G. S. Kohli

Many former Cricketer Critisized BCCI new policy to selects team with IPL performer than Ranji trophy performer of multi day matches

Why we have ranji trophy?

Mayank Agarwal 990 in 9 matches Vasavda 907 in 10 matches Eshwaran 798 in 8 matches all plus other ignors
Sartaraz with 2556 in last 3 season together not given chance by saying he is fat how about indian captain is he Non fat?
Saxsena (50 wkts) Mulani / Avesh & Arshdeep or Aakash deep all ignored

They wants to send india B team in Commonwealth

i wish they includes above players than kohli or rahane.

P. Chopra of himachal pradesh or Dharami bengal average 87, Delhi's Shorey average 95 (900 runs in 7 matches) not a single player get chance as even back up player.our top 10 bowlers are on newspaper only

Our prime minister talking about future bcci dropped pujara & keep Virat both have same average.

Ravi s. Wants 2 left hand batsman in first 6 batting line up for WC 2023 so samson picked for Westindies 3 ODI

India should try Jaiswal at home vs Aus in ODI than away tour. Agarwal with 2 DBL in test or Shaw prithvi already his debut century vs Westindies also ignor for Attitude reason

India will tour south Africa in WTC 2023-25 i wish we loose away from india so we can say Goodbye for 3 big shot.

We have 5 test vs eng in india & Bangladesh in india for test

Last edited:

Slifer

International Captain
I think West Indies chances are decent their test side has got a lot of steel about them
WI have no chance of beating India. If I were India I'd send a bunch of debutants with a few veterans mixed in just in case. But the WI batting is the worst I've seen in my entire life. The bowling may hold its own though but they won't have near enough runs to work with.