• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

mustardcharlie

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think they would but I agree we can’t go 2-0 down

they keep saying the result is unimportant so that appears to indicate that they would even forfeit an innings somewhere down the line

it’s been done before iirc in a test involving South Africa and England

that of course turned into a scandal with Hansi Cronje
Really Carty. Do tell all. I'm sure none of us knew that.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Back to the game

if I won the toss I would insert the opposition as early wickets can be taken at Lords on a first morning especially if it’s humid conditions

what Stokes or Cummins would do I’m not sure

mustardcharlie

School Boy/Girl Captain
T
I was talking with @chunksafc how England could forfeit an innings if weather destroys this game. I gave an example of when it happened

am I allowed to say anything at all on here without someone taking offence

It was perfectly in context
I took no offence. Talk all the drivel you want. How on earth was it in context? Gor a test match starting in 2 and a bit days, Wanna talk about old scandals suggest you start a thread. It is absolutely of no relevance to this thread how we lost at Lords in 1981 or 2005. You have a reputation for someone who talks a lot but rarely has anything to say

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
Really Carty. Do tell all. I'm sure none of us knew that.
Not sure what Carty was going to tell you, but amid the various ways in which Cronje disrespected the laws of cricket, one was when he wore an earpiece during play to take instructions from Bob Woolmer. Presumably that also indicts Woolmer.

mustardcharlie

School Boy/Girl Captain
Not sure what Carty was going to tell you, but amid the various ways in which Cronje disrespected the laws of cricket, one was when he wore an earpiece during play to take instructions from Bob Woolmer. Presumably that also indicts Woolmer.
My opinion of Hansie Cronje, Michael (dirt in the pocket) Atherton or whether Fred Truenan used excessive amounts of Bryllcream on his hair, Mbargogate, Pedalogate etc are well known

My point is that old cricket scandal has no relevance to his thread

CartyDurham

International Captain
T

I took no offence. Talk all the drivel you want. How on earth was it in context? Gor a test match starting in 2 and a bit days, Wanna talk about old scandals suggest you start a thread. It is absolutely of no relevance to this thread how we lost at Lords in 1981 or 2005. You have a reputation for someone who talks a lot but rarely has anything to say
I was talking to @chunksafc not you. He asked how England could win and he didn’t know an example so I told him one, for crying out loud

England could forfeit an innings in this test if the weather destroys a lot of the game, which could very well happen with the forecast

its exactly on point totally. If you could suspend being a bit of an arse for a minute with your drivel

you got yourself revved up for absolutely no reason whatsoever

Last edited:

CartyDurham

International Captain
My opinion of Hansie Cronje, Michael (dirt in the pocket) Atherton or whether Fred Truenan used excessive amounts of Bryllcream on his hair, Mbargogate, Pedalogate etc are well known

My point is that old cricket scandal has no relevance to his thread
The relevance you ignorant person is this

chunks and I were talking about England if the weather was bad and how they could win. One possibility was by forfeiting an innings and making it a one innings match . Chunks didn’t know about this so I gave an example of how it happened in the past

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT

CartyDurham

International Captain
i was talking to @chunksafc on how you could win with a lot of bad weather. Forfeit an innings. An example being a game England won v s Africa

so the weather forecast is not perfect for this test, so there is a chance England might do this. For crying out loud it’s totally relevant and though not likely these things have happened in the past