• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

CartyDurham

International Captain
That’s a yes then.
Amazing really as I’m praising

I get the message though , it’s basically saying my comments are complete trash and worthy to be totally ignored

that’s a shame but there you go

I get it

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Did England bowl any good balls or play any good shots in the first test?

Australia did
Ignore it if you wish

what I said is this. When England took any wicket it was declared as poor play by Australia ie England didn’t bowl a good ball

when England scored runs it was described as poor bowling. Ie England didn’t play any good shots

you may not realise this but it’s all there to read

I know it’s not nice to see

nothing Orwellian just the inability to see good in anything England say or do
As a fan of cricket do you not appreciate good play by whoever does it ?

lyon was fantastic in the last test as was Khawaja

did root not play any good shots when making a ton?

it’s allowed to say
Honestly you think like that

what’s wrong about this

Lyon and khawaja were brilliant as was joe root ?

nothing at all
If people are not up for debate fair enough, I will just agree with everything people post
Unpleasant , I mean come on

actually look at what I’ve posted , not an insult but praise for both teams and that’s unpleasant

dear me that is very poor
Was I one ?

if so I’m sorry

I try to be fair to both teams
Not sure what I’m doing wrong but I clearly am
That’s a yes then.
Amazing really as I’m praising

I get the message though , it’s basically saying my comments are complete trash and worthy to be totally ignored

that’s a shame but there you go

I get it
Does anyone here happen to have a spare chill pill?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And I agree with Ashley, Carty.

I enjoyed your posts when you first arrived, but if this fascination you have with getting everyone to praise English players and their efforts continues, then you (and quite a few others) will have a breakdown by the end of the series.

At the end of the day, who gives a **** if everyone is not effusive in their praise of your players?

(And they're giving themselves so many pats on the back after the loss in the last test that I don't want to add to the stress on their bodies :ph34r:)

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
That’s good. I do hope if and when England comeback some will take defeat in good spirit

instead of celebrating it appears we have to go on about a declaration

it’s gone , it’s all been said.
This is a cricket forum. There’s no way anything has ever “all been said”.

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
Nobody buys the Wisden apart from people like me nearly 60

It’s complete rubbish

overseas people seem to be very serious without understanding the bother Cricket is in within the uk

I’m off as I can’t be bothered reading the same negativity constantly on anything England do, say in print or on tv media

it was the same in the test. England didn’t bowl a good ball or hit a good shot on all five days

it’s not aimed at overseas

Enjoy your smilies and ridicule of this.
Get a grip, Carty. I’m sure you’ll be back tomorrow!

Shady Slim

International Coach
Its a good summary IMO. I think Aus were definitely spooked and went away from a lot of their game plans coz of Bazball, esp. with the ball. But England made enough mistakes with the bat that kept them in the game or even let them drive the game. And Australia on that last day wicket, as Cummins said, should never have even been 8 down or whatever it was. It was a game of unforced errors and ultimately, England made more in the last hour and a bit of the play that ended up being decisive IMO. It swung both ways till then depending on who made the latest UE.

Think Stokes and England were also pretty spooked by Cummins' hitting at the end there.
honestly based on that article burgey posted earlier from the sydney morning herald i don't particularly think this was the case. there was some cod ordinary bowling to be sure but poor execution and going away from your plans are different things.

we used to play against this big heavy bloke who without fail would make at least thirty or so at least, he just had an excellent eye and was better at hitting out than our bowlers were at getting him. we decided to one day spread the field as soon as he came in to bat. still made the thirty odd, but had to do it mostly with his legs. he compiled it in twice as long and he was absolutely knackered with the ball and in the field too. defensive strategy, and it seems like to a certain degree (based on that article) that cummins and co's defensive strategies weren't because they had a different plan initially and got spooked, but rather because that was the play they drawn up

tony p

State Regular
Just checking some stats on Stokes since he made a century against SA at Manchester in August 2022,

Tests Played 8
Innings 13, No 1, Runs 333, Av 27.75, HS 43.
Bowling, Wkts 7, Av 37.00

Just as well he's captain.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
honestly based on that article burgey posted earlier from the sydney morning herald i don't particularly think this was the case. there was some cod ordinary bowling to be sure but poor execution and going away from your plans are different things.

we used to play against this big heavy bloke who without fail would make at least thirty or so at least, he just had an excellent eye and was better at hitting out than our bowlers were at getting him. we decided to one day spread the field as soon as he came in to bat. still made the thirty odd, but had to do it mostly with his legs. he compiled it in twice as long and he was absolutely knackered with the ball and in the field too. defensive strategy, and it seems like to a certain degree (based on that article) that cummins and co's defensive strategies weren't because they had a different plan initially and got spooked, but rather because that was the play they drawn up
They had boundary riders from ball one.