• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

CartyDurham

International Captain
I agree. Such a shame though because Spark used to be such a great poster.
At last a bit of humour

Honestly I know you all hate me for being English and supporting England but that’s something I can’t help but pay for everyday

If others choose to ignore me, that’s fine by me, I’m not bothered at all

such a shame though

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It's like a car crash, can't help but look
Not in this case. My enjoyment of the first test improved significantly when I put a couple of blokes on 'ignore'.

EDIT
Until we lost the game, when I stopped enjoying it at all, of course.

Last edited:

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I mean if he can actually bowl when needed by his captain, that's a big improvement. I'm actually excited to watch him though, he looked a lot of fun in Pakistan.
Rehan is a really exciting prospect and the England management obviously rate him pretty highly.

Obviously from an English point of view, I hope he develops into a really top leggie but it would also be good for world cricket.

Along with genuinely fast bowling, top class leg spin bowling is so exciting to watch.

There's obviously a concern from many that as he's so young, if he got a real tonking, it could harm his development but as the old saying goes, if you're good enough, you're old enough.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Not in this case. My enjoyment of the first test improved significantly when I put a couple of blokes on 'ignore'.

EDIT
Until we lost the game, when I stopped enjoying it at all, of course.
Was I one ?

if so I’m sorry

I try to be fair to both teams

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Can anyone remember a game like this where the losing side were so lyrical about the part they played and the dominance they held? I don't mean that as a disparaging comment, I absolutely love it. But I can't remember a time where a team who won was so quiet about their achievement...and the other side would have you believe they fired all the bullets. And holy ****, if you'd said 2-3 years ago that'd happen in the Ashes, and that the quiet ones would be Australia and the chest beaters were England...that is so wild to even consider.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
On that, we had administrators have us believe Test cricket is dying, it needs D/N scheduling, franchise windows, four-day matches, T20Is to prop it up...but actually all it needed was the players to buy into it and make it have an impact. What's happened this week, no one can take their eyes off. And England deserve massive respect for that.

Yeah they lost but they're definitely part of something bigger at the moment. When your under-performing opener who scores his runs at 28 is predicting 150-run wins off the back of a 1st Ashes Test loss, that's the sort of theatre Test cricket needs. Get the people talking.

CartyDurham

International Captain
On that, we had administrators have us believe Test cricket is dying, it needs D/N scheduling, franchise windows, four-day matches, T20Is to prop it up...but actually all it needed was the players to buy into it and make it have an impact. What's happened this week, no one can take their eyes off. And England deserve massive respect for that.

Yeah they lost but they're definitely part of something bigger at the moment. When your under-performing opener who scores his runs at 28 is predicting 150-run wins off the back of a 1st Ashes Test loss, that's the sort of theatre Test cricket needs. Get the people talking.
You have hit the nail on the head

it’s not for traditional cricket lovers, they are trying to inspire the youth in England to start playing the game

to do that they have to play and talk in this manner or they would be ignored

I’ve tried to get this over but it appears I’ve annoyed everyone .