• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in West indies 2023

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
Rohit
Jaiswal
Gill
Virat
Rahane
Bharat
Jadeja
Ashwin/Shardul
Siraj
Unadkat
Mukesh playing 11

For west Indies
Braithwaite
ChandraPual
Alick
Blackwood
Mayers
----------
Joshua Da silva
Jason Holder
Kemar Roach
ALzari Joseph
Jyaden Seales/ Gudakesh Motie

Then it will be a good competitive series

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Rohit
Jaiswal
Gill
Virat
Rahane
Bharat
Jadeja
Ashwin/Shardul
Siraj
Unadkat
Mukesh playing 11

For west Indies
Braithwaite
ChandraPual
Alick
Blackwood
Mayers
----------
Joshua Da silva
Jason Holder
Kemar Roach
ALzari Joseph
Jyaden Seales/ Gudakesh Motie

Then it will be a good competitive series
No way mayers bats 5. He's barely #7 quality when he's not playing bangladesh.

Move josh to 6, mayers to 7 and throw in king at 5 and you've got a decent lineup.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
is the indian squad for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Is sarfaraz injured or something? I get rahane as a one off option for the WTC given the injures, but where in a new cycle and the #5 slot is open. FFS when will they learn. Nice to see jaiswal in for pujara atleast.
Sarfraz will never get the chance. Indian team give more preference to ipl than domestic fc. Plus they say he is not fit enough to play.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain

Move josh to 6, mayers to 7 and throw in king at 5 and you've got a decent lineup.
i don't think king has the ability to play tests. He is a good limited over player but his technique against the moving ball plus the way he plays spin is not good. That's why I have left the spot. I think WI can give another go to shai hope, he is more mature now and can play lower down the order at 5 because he struggles against the new ball. With the ball getting soft he could be good plus he is a good player of spin.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain

SPot on. So for me it's:

Braithwaite (c)
Chanderpaul
Blackwood
Athanaze
King
Da Silva (wk)
Mayers
Holder
Joseph
Motie
Roach

But I suspect Chase will still get picked instead of King using the excuse that we need a part time spin option. They could then replace Motie with Seales if they wanted an extra seamer.

Beamer

i don't think king has the ability to play tests. He is a good limited over player but his technique against the moving ball plus the way he plays spin is not good. That's why I have left the spot. I think WI can give another go to shai hope, he is more mature now and can play lower down the order at 5 because he struggles against the new ball. With the ball getting soft he could be good plus he is a good player of spin.
If you watch him play red ball cricket he is very good. A much better red ball player than white. It is our bone headed selectors that have engineered this situation where he is never available to play our red ball season as he is on tour with West Indies and they use that as an excuse not to pick him. They may well try Shai again though. He is from Barbados and as you say he could be an option in the lower middle order.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
If you watch him play red ball cricket he is very good. A much better red ball player than white. It is our bone headed selectors that have engineered this situation where he is never available to play our red ball season as he is on tour with West Indies and they use that as an excuse not to pick him. They may well try Shai again though. He is from Barbados and as you say he could be an option in the lower middle order.
but atlast Rostan will play as a part time spinner as you said. :)

G. S. Kohli

Sarfraz will never get the chance. Indian team give more preference to ipl than domestic fc. Plus they say he is not fit enough to play.
So M. Shami rested!

Pujara deserved to go>> average 23 in 5 test in 2023

. But i think Sarfaraz should Given chance in as Middle order batsman

Too many option as opener.

Gaikwad

Jaiswal

Gill

Rahane vice captain not like much

Jadeja or Ashwin could better vice captain in windies

No Comments on Saini & Mukesh kumar on Slow Westindies wickets its only 4 Test Innings.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
So M. Shami rested!

Pujara deserved to go>> average 23 in 5 test in 2023

. But i think Sarfaraz should Given chance in as Middle order batsman

Too many option as opener.

Gaikwad

Jaiswal

Gill

Rahane vice captain not like much

Jadeja or Ashwin could better vice captain in windies

No Comments on Saini & Mukesh kumar on Slow Westindies wickets its only 4 Test Innings.
yeah on looking by the performance sarfaraz was an instant choice after Pujara. But the selectors are not interested in him. No need of Axar in the test squad. Rahane inclusion is good but making him vc just after 1 test is absurd. Kohli and Rohit form is the issue plus kohli record in wi is pathetic. If we remove his 1 double hundred in Antigua , his average is barely 20. Even though he made his debut there but still not a very good record

G. S. Kohli

Indian ODI team in Westindies
3 matches ✍

India ODI Squad: Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Sanju Samson (wk), Ishan Kishan (wk), Hardik Pandya (vc), Shardul Thakur, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Jaydev Unadkat, Mohammed Siraj, Umran Malik, Mukesh Kumar.

Last edited:

G. S. Kohli

So Rahul now in injury list with Iyer/ Pant/ Bumbum...

In 11 ODIs so far, Samson averages 66 at a strike rate of 104.76

Kishan was a part of India's last ODI series against Australia

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
50 overs WC getting Closer & Closer why india need 5 T20I in west indies?
Because the next T20 world cup is in west indies. But still 3T20s 5odis would have been better. If they want revenue they could have scheduled 2odis in Florida instead of T20s

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's slim pickings after Unadkat and Mukesh who deserve their call ups. Draini is bad but I'm glad they didn't pick Awaste.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Saini is one of our taller bowlers so maybe they see that as a point of difference as well.

I wish it was a 3 test series. Would have had Sarfraz for Rahane but we have shot ourselves in the foot so much that we do not have a ready vice captain in our first choice XI.

Maybe the bowling attack could be Unadkat, Siraj, Shardul, Ash and Jaddu.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
3 test series should be a must between two teams. These two test match series doesn't create that sort of competition and hype. Like if my chance a team loses 1 test he can at max draw the series.