• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Molehill

International Captain
He took 6/7 against England.

Billy Big Bollocks talk indeed.
He has played such little cricket outside Australia though. I did question how he would go given his inexperience. It seems when there's a bit in it he can be dangerous, but when it goes flat and sunny he's there to be taken.

the big bambino

International Captain
He has played such little cricket outside Australia though. I did question how he would go given his inexperience. It seems when there's a bit in it he can be dangerous, but when it goes flat and sunny he's there to be taken.
He certainly struggled at Edgbaston but has been good for us in his brief career so far. plus he's done well on a road for a home ground in the Shield. England have put a target on him though. Would still want him at Lords if that wicket offers sideways.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A bit like Jimmy Anderson.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
He took 6/7 against England.

Billy Big Bollocks talk indeed.
We're not talking about the last Ashes down under, we're talking about the last test match.

Boland is a fine bowler but you can't deny our batting spanked his little Australian backside in the last test and that's a problem for them going forward.

Initially because if his lack of pace we batted well outside the crease taking LBW out of the equation.

To counter that, Carey stood up to the stumps - which reduces the chances of a caught behind.

Mate - he took 2 wkts at 73.5 a go, conceding 5.7 runs per over, virtually a run a ball.

We had Boland on toast and will do again if he's picked for the next match.

If he isn't and you go for Starc - happy days for us as he sprays it about when he's in form and he was well off the pace against India.

Cummins apart, your seam attack crumbled against our batting.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Its the same old Billy Big Bollocks talk from the Aussies that we got before the 1st test.

It was all you won't be able to smack our bowlers all over the park - but we did.

Our batsmen will murder your attack - apart from Khawaja you didn't.

Yes you won the match, but we all know we should have done and for most of the match we were on the front foot.

In football terms you parked the bus. You were negative from the outset with the aim of nicking a goal on the break - which in fairness you did. All the attacking play, all the intent came from us. We play a style of play you can only dream of. If every team played like you, even I'd prefer T20 knockabout to test cricket.

Bring the 2nd test on lads, because we'll be playing the same again. Your 2 'star' batsmen didn't trouble us and Labuschagne in particular looks cooked.

Your bowling is in trouble- we knocked your medium paced trundler - Boland all round the park at will.

Starc was so poor against India that you didn't dare pick him because you know that we'd smack for 5 or 6 an over if he played.

You're a Pat Cummins injury away from disaster and he'll be out of gas by the 4th test.

So come on England - let's show these so called world champions how test cricket should be played but this time it'll be us that gets over the winning line.
hi Ollie welcome to cricketweb

the big bambino

International Captain
We're not talking about the last Ashes down under, we're talking about the last test match.

Boland is a fine bowler but you can't deny our batting spanked his little Australian backside in the last test and that's a problem for them going forward.

Initially because if his lack of pace we batted well outside the crease taking LBW out of the equation.

To counter that, Carey stood up to the stumps - which reduces the chances of a caught behind.

Mate - he took 2 wkts at 73.5 a go, conceding 5.7 runs per over, virtually a run a ball.

If he isn't and you go for Starc - happy days for us as he sprays it about when he's in form and he was well off the pace against India.

Mate I just think it’s funny English posters bitching about banter when it’s guys like you gobbing off.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Depends on what kind of wickets you prepare.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Mate - this was one very much tongue in cheek post in the style of bloody hundreds that we have to put up with on here
Exactly. Any slight criticism of Australia and they descend like vultures

as I said in the last test , when you read the thread, there was not a good ball bowled or good shot played by the England players

everything was a mistake by Australia but no good play by England

I’ll continue to call out Australia and criticise England when it happens

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
To be fair to Boland, I would play him in the 2nd test.

His 2nd innings 20 was a good knock and he looked much better than either Smith or Labuschagne.

I'd drop Labuschagne and bat Boland at 4 or 5 to stiffen up the middle order.

He can also bowl a few overs of his dibbly dobblers to try to get our run rate back to about a run a ball.

Last edited:

CartyDurham

International Captain
Don't think he bowled quick enough to be considered a spinner
It’s really interesting to read this place at times. They literally ignore anything that England do well. so one sided but that’s fine .

they lead 1-0 well played but knowing England at home, this is far from over . Australia were pushed right to their limit

it was a great watch

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
It’s really interesting to read this place at times. They literally ignore anything that England do well. so one sided but that’s fine .

they lead 1-0 well played but knowing England at home, this is far from over . Australia were pushed right to their limit

it was a great watch
Mate I've been on here for about 6 months and you learn to take all the flack England get in your stride - i mean everyone hates us - no idea why 😆

Every now and then I find it cathartic (to the Aussies on here - that means it makes me feel better ) to play them at their own game.

In the words of Corporal Jones from Dads Army 'They don't like it up em' 😆

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
The Five Stages of Grief :
Denial, Anger , Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance

Denial : "Baz said it after the game, “It feels like we’ve won, lads.” We’ve entertained the world, and we’ve put the Aussies on the back foot. For him to say that after a loss is quite significant for us."

Anger : "Trust me, I hate losing. That night in the dressing room I sat for five full minutes with my cap over my head and felt immensely disappointed."

Bargaining: "I have faith in this team that even if we went 2-0 down we could still win 3-2, because of the style of cricket that we’re playing. Obviously we want the public to be invested in us and we want to win games for them. If they can keep backing us, I promise they’ll get rewarded, and 2-0 down could be 3-2 and we’ll see one of the greatest series ever."

Seems like Robinson and England are already on the journey of Grief judging from the article , perhaps at the end of the series they will find Acceptance 😅.