• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has been tweaked but still looks current to me...

7 Cricket

(1) Each test match that:

(a) involves the senior Australian representative team selected by Cricket Australia; and

(b) is played in Australia.

(2) Each test match that:

(a) involves both:

(i) the senior Australian representative team selected by Cricket Australia; and

(ii) the senior English representative team; and

(b) is played in the United Kingdom.

(3) Each one day cricket match that:

(a) involves the senior Australian representative team selected by Cricket Australia; and

(4) Each Twenty20 (T20) cricket match that:

(5) Each match of the International Cricket Council Cricket World Cup that:

(b) is played in Australia or New Zealand.

(6) The final of the International Cricket Council Cricket World Cup if the final is played in Australia or New Zealand.

(7) Each match of the International Cricket Council T20 World Cup that:

(b) is played in Australia or New Zealand.

(8) The final of the International Cricket Council T20 World Cup if the final is played in Australia or New Zealand.
Yep

Only difference is that Fox and a FTA station both get to broadcast home tests

shortpitched713

International Captain
Well thats just a bizarre article. Reeks of Arrogance and not a great read.

I will just have a quick look at the record books, but im fairly certain it says Australia won the test match to take a 1-0 lead. I cant seem to find the column in the record books that says "but England played all the cricket and entertained the crowd, so its really their victory"
I've just got another England player to cheer against to add to Crawley.

Lefty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Thats been thrown in the bin now mate and not the case anymore. This Ashes series is on free to air but plenty of test matches are behind a pay wall now.....even some home ones I think.
All home test matches in Australia are available free to air. You can also watch them on Foxtel/Kayo add free during play if you want.

This years Ashes series is available free to air.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Dale Steyn averaged 21 in India, 14 in Bangladesh, 18 in the Windies. He struggled in Sri Lanka and the UAE, with 30 and 32, which is still better than Jimmy's Ashes average.

shortpitched713

International Captain
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/b...rites-cummins-bazball-ashes-cricket-australia (paywall)

McCullum's record as a player has also come under the microscope, particularly his poor record against the Aussies

"Meanwhile, let's just remind ourselves of McCullum's playing record against Australia - one win, 13 defeats and a trouncing in a World Cup final," wrote the Guardian's Jonathan Liew.

"Perhaps it is too much of a simplification to say England play cricket as they would like it to be, while Australia play the game that actually exists, but it was certainly true here.

"Now comes the real test. Do England want to wake up or do they want to keep dreaming?"

OUCH.
I've just got a new favorite sports journalist.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thats been thrown in the bin now mate and not the case anymore. This Ashes series is on free to air but plenty of test matches are behind a pay wall now.....even some home ones I think.

Dumbass me resubscribed to Foxtel for the series not realising its on fta.....fml.
Nah as I understand it all home test matches are on FTA. They bastardised it though by moving ODIs and some (maybe all) T20s to pay TV when they did the last rights deal under Sutherland. They ran with Seven/ Fox for a couple of hundred million more than Ten offered to put it all on FTA.

I'm sure their acceptance of putting half the national team's cricket behind a pay wall had nothing to do with the CA executive having incentives in their contracts if the rights went for > a certain amount, which they all got then pissed off into the sunset a year after the Cape Town fiasco.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Galaxy brain move: Drop Moeen if his finger doesn't recover, replace him with Foakes to keep wicket/bat 8 and prepare a raging green top to compensate.

England can deploy Bairstow and their best keeper, bat down to 8, and Jimmy stops pissing and moaning in the media (and might even take a wicket or two).

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not sure about Robinson and Anderson's references to the pitch vs what they think they will do better on...didn't Stokes get the get the pitch he wanted?

Shri

Mr. Glass
"I didn’t take the new ball in the first innings or late on the final day. I had a chat with Ben Stokes about how I felt. We agreed it was the type of pitch the taller bowlers were getting more out of."

You are only 3cms shorter than Cummins you little bitch

Xix2565

International Regular
I'm not sure about Robinson and Anderson's references to the pitch vs what they think they will do better on...didn't Stokes get the get the pitch he wanted?
Not really tbh. People said this was slower than what Stokes would have liked. Even then making flatter wickets decreases England's strengths as a bowling unit like Anderson "wrote" in that column posted earlier, no seam movement weakens them as an attack.

Daemon

It’s a long series and hopefully I can contribute at some point, but if all the pitches are like that I’m done in the Ashes series.
How is this coming from him after bowling so well in Pakistan

Anthony Clayden

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Australia has the best spinners, so turning wickets won't work.
We have got a pace attack that is around 5mph quicker on average (without Starc our quickest bowler)
We have a more inform all rounder.
We have in Boland, and Neser if needed, bowlers who can take advantage of swing.
We have Cummins and Hazelwood for seaming fast pitches.

England can lay in roads, but our batting can match theirs but take longer, wearing out there bowlers, who are older and slower.

Australia may not win the series, but we have a very good chance this time.

Burgey

We have got a pace attack that is around 5mph quicker on average (without Starc our quickest bowler)
We have in Boland, and Neser if needed, bowlers who can take advantage of swing.

England can lay in roads, but our batting can match theirs but take longer, wearing out there bowlers, who are older and slower.

They'll win it with a leg in the air. The only way England wins a test is if Aus do what they did after retaining the Ashes last time over there and get on the sauce for a week and a half ahead of the last test.

the big bambino

International Captain

Tbf all they need to do is pick Mark Wood and they have the variety they want.