• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

CartyDurham

International Captain
If only he declared on Day 1.
Funny

would you rather only one opinion and it to agree with Australia fans ?

I know I’m being totally ignored, ridiculed, laughed at and being looked down on

that’s fine of course

IF England come back and win then I do hope you are able to take defeat

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Merv Hughes was an all time great player but he was not a gentle chap when taking wickets especially of England team players. He was right in the face with the swearing

Clarke did want Anderson’s arm broke by Mitch Johnson

those things did happen
That was terrible from Clarke. Don’t know what he was thinking. Surely with Anderson’s record in australia he’d have wanted him fit and selected for every test

Victor Ian

International Coach
Australia bowled so slow that England were forced to declare.

These points suck. They should poll the public on their way out of the gate, as to whether they got their money's worth if that is the thing. Rarely has a game been so entertaining.

How do they know Australia wasn't going to make up the overs deficit on day 1 before England declared on them. How can England know when rain is going to take away time when they could have made up quick overs.

Australia and England should collude to bowl a few quick overs each day, where the batsman will not score and the bowlers will not appeal and make a farce of this stupid ****.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I’m not excusing Robinsons behaviour in the past believe me

I hate twitter anyway and all the racism that goes on makes me vomit

I really think this incident was like I said

classic ashes going at each other as I said about previous series and players

it’s happened for decades and probably decades to come

let’s not fool ourselves that both teams won’t be up to antics to put each off or get a psychological edge

that’s sport at elite level , whatever creed, culture or religion
I'd agree. He was probably just being a dick.

ataraxia

International Coach
Looks like this is by far the longest match thread CW has ever had. The buzz is so good, particularly with the increased England presence.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The experience with football codes in Australia is proof that financial penalties don’t work for highly paid professionals

Furthermore, suspending a Cummins or a Stokes as captain penalises the viewing public as they want to see the best play

My view is that they should hit teams with scoreboard penalties (e.g. 5 runs an over) for slow over rates as it can materially impact the game which is all the players care about anyway

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It would become contentious pretty quickly though I imagine, with players complaining about how time should be adjusted for batsmen wasting time, balls flying to the fence and so on.

Right now they don’t do that because they just dgaf about the penalties.

Molehill

International Captain
Maybe it is, but all those you mention are white, and neither Clarke or Hughes tweeted racially motivated jokes about the others at some time in their past before these incidents occurred. In that context, it's not a great look, regardless of how he feels now.

He probably is just trying to get in Khawaja's head. He'd be better served concentrating on his bowling and fielding though.

What was funny about the incident with Khawaja was he approached Khawaja and said something, and then got the ****s when Khawaja said something back. He's not at the local pub.
Way too easy to play the race card here. If Khawaja got out cheaply and it was Labuschagne who was holding up the innings, who do you think Robinson is having a pop at?

But in general, it's probably best if England don't let him attend a Press Conference again.

Molehill

International Captain
Australia bowled so slow that England were forced to declare.

These points suck. They should poll the public on their way out of the gate, as to whether they got their money's worth if that is the thing. Rarely has a game been so entertaining.

How do they know Australia wasn't going to make up the overs deficit on day 1 before England declared on them. How can England know when rain is going to take away time when they could have made up quick overs.

Australia and England should collude to bowl a few quick overs each day, where the batsman will not score and the bowlers will not appeal and make a farce of this stupid ****.
Interesting point re Day 1. If Australia had bowled their overs in time, England would likely have scored 30 more runs at the point they would have declared.