• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team is currently the best, in 2023?

Test format ofc: top team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah I don't think Australia are as good as India were before their middle order fell away but a combination of that decline and Head and Khawaja improving Australia's batting means Australia are the best right now IMO.
Yeah agree with this. I dont think Aus are getting better though. Fortunately for them, other sides seem to be getting worse too.

Hopefully the Bazboys aren't spooked by Edgbaston result and can continue to Bazball. I see them challenging soon.

subshakerz

International Coach
Yeah agree with this. I dont think Aus are getting better though. Fortunately for them, other sides seem to be getting worse too.

Hopefully the Bazboys aren't spooked by Edgbaston result and can continue to Bazball. I see them challenging soon.
The entry of Khwaja 2.0, Green and Boland has been a huge improvement to Australia compared to the Paine side.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Think Indias the best if everyone’s fit in their team. They haven’t had bumrah and pant for a while now and the wtc final could have been different with both them in it.

There also near impossible to beat at home, one thing is I think they should of never dropped Kohli as captain.

CartyDurham

International Captain
I know you lads are all against the bazball but it’s basically this

try to win the game as quick as you can

it’s all about inspiring the youth in the uk and is simply not to denigrate test match cricket that other nations play

we have a huge problem in the uk with youngsters simply having no interest in cricket

they like phrases like bazball , it excites them and that is all what it is

please understand this and try and understand what I’ve said

if we don’t inspire youth in the uk, cricket will simply not exist in the uk

that may please some but it would be tragic for the game

subshakerz

International Coach

it’s all about inspiring the youth in the uk and is simply not to denigrate test match cricket that other nations play

we have a huge problem in the uk with youngsters simply having no interest in cricket

Those who are against Bazball may disagree with it as a general approach but for England, you would have to delusional to not see it as anything less than amazing.

11 victories in 14 games on the back of 1 victory in 17 games, and even two of those that were lost were close and could have been won.

No regular captaincy approach could have generated these results. A regular captaincy approach would be handedly beaten by Australia in this test. Instead, England were high enough on their own oxygen supply to be ahead of Australia the whole game.

England can't compete with India or Australia on talent or experience alone, BazBall has made them a contender for the top spot.

BazBall is the most fearless approach, often chaotically so, that test cricket has even seen.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Those who are against Bazball may disagree with it as a general approach but for England, you would have to delusional to not see it as anything less than amazing.

12 victories in 14 games on the back of 1 victory in 17 games, and even those two that were lost were close and could have been won.

No regular captaincy approach could have generated these results. A regular captaincy approach would be handedly beaten by Australia in this test. Instead, England were high enough on their own oxygen supply to be ahead of Australia the whole game.

England can't compete with India or Australia on talent or experience alone, BazBall has made them a contender for the top spot.
Agreed

we’ve had decades of defeat by playing standard style , looking to seal the draw and then pushing for a win if we are lucky

so now they look for a win by any method they can

it attracts a younger audience and if there is no younger generation being inspired, cricket will die

most certainly in England the kids are interested in T20 or the 100

then they may only want to play white ball and Test cricket would die in England

this is why bazball is crucial to inspire the next generation in England

I don’t know why people assume that means England expect others to copy, it’s all for the domestic audience

Other nations will play their style and beat England, of course they will but if it’s like edgbaston , I don’t know why that’s a bad thing

Coronis

International Coach
Agreed

we’ve had decades of defeat by playing standard style , looking to seal the draw and then pushing for a win if we are lucky

so now they look for a win by any method they can

it attracts a younger audience and if there is no younger generation being inspired, cricket will die

most certainly in England the kids are interested in T20 or the 100

then they may only want to play white ball and Test cricket would die in England

this is why bazball is crucial to inspire the next generation in England

I don’t know why people assume that means England expect others to copy, it’s all for the domestic audience

Other nations will play their style and beat England, of course they will but if it’s like edgbaston , I don’t know why that’s a bad thing
Thats still a thing?

loterry1994

International Debutant

Most people don’t have issues with bazball people just think they could be smarter on how they approach it depending on the situation. I saw a video of Michael Vaughan talking about it and he explained it best. It’s definitely not always going to work and depends on conditions also. They prepared one the flattest wickets youll see in England to cope with Bazball. Bazball most likely gonna be a different story on a cloudy day with the pitch seaming and swinging all over or if they tried Bazball in spinning pitches in india but we’ll see

CartyDurham

International Captain
Most people don’t have issues with bazball people just think they could be smarter on how they approach it depending on the situation. I saw a video of Michael Vaughan talking about it and he explained it best. It’s definitely not always going to work and depends on conditions also. They prepared one the flattest wickets youll see in England to cope with Bazball. Bazball most likely gonna be a different story on a cloudy day with the pitch seaming and swinging all over or if they tried Bazball in spinning pitches in india but we’ll see
Agreed

as it stands though it’s worked for more than failed

we have to inspire youth to enjoy cricket in the uk or it will die

this is how they see it to do that

I fully accept all the reasons people are saying They are all absolutely correct

but England are not playing for the current people . They are playing to an audience that is yet to come and needs to realise how good cricket is

that’s what needs to be accepted.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Thats still a thing?
Yes. Why do you think the ashes is finished in 6 weeks ?

so they can play the 100 in the uk school holidays. They are desperate to get the youth interested in cricket

the Ashes has been sidelined to do that

it’s absolutely wrong for the likes of me and many others of the older generation but we are not the future

CartyDurham

International Captain
Be a boring next two years if the final is already decided

just play another one at the end of this ashes

or scrap it and let india and Aussies play each other home and away to the end of time to be world champs

only chance to be world champions as England are world champs in both white ball forms and that’s a fact