• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

CartyDurham

International Captain
You Aussies are you really not confident here ?

I mean the attack is anaemic bar broad and you need less than 100

world test champions should be coasting over the line really

I would expect England to do that if batting for this total

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
You just feel the injuries to Stokes and Mo have hit home today.

The wicket is turning but Mo has struggled for consistency. Stokes obviously can't bowl much, if it all, and the attack looks reliant on Broad at the moment.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wondering if it would actually be ok for England to drop Stokes and Moeen and get in Dawson and Foakes and the side actually improves? Pope may well do well as captain in that scenario.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Wondering if it would actually be ok for England to drop Stokes and Moeen and get in Dawson and Foakes and the side actually improves? Pope may well do well as captain in that scenario.
Will not happen

dropping the captain. Come on think a little

Stokes is a proven match winner

drop Cummins and green ? Come on that is silly

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You just feel the injuries to Stokes and Mo have hit home today.

The wicket is turning but Mo has struggled for consistency. Stokes obviously can't bowl much, if it all, and the attack looks reliant on Broad at the moment.
Yeah Stokes is the key to it all really, like we said in the lead up thread. The option of having a fight bowler who can give you 10-15 overs a match or innings is so important, particularly when one of your quicks looks out of sorts (Anderson) and your spinner hasn’t played a test in two years. Moeen as part of a four man at eco was always a risk even before his injury

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Will not happen

dropping the captain. Come on think a little

Stokes is a proven match winner

drop Cummins and green ? Come on that is silly
I didn't say it would happen, did I? I was just wondering if it actually improves the side though given he is basically just 50% it looks like.

Niall

International Coach
I doubt he will play at Lords anyway. Will be dropped/managed.

This will be the last series, doubt he fancies getting pounded by Pant and the boys in India, not like he is stuck for money and obviously has achieved pretty much everything in his career.

CartyDurham

International Captain
I didn't say it would happen, did I? I was just wondering if it actually improves the side though given he is basically just 50% it looks like.
It wouldn’t improve the side and it’s completely silly to think so

dropping a captain. That’s your theory to improve the England team

I mean Come on man that’s just not going to happen