• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

CartyDurham

International Captain
Cant see Ali bowling many with that damaged finger, anyone else in the team that can bowl - Brook excluded :laugh:
I think I saw Crawley once bowl terrible leg spin.

Might have dreamt that one though

Hopefully Jimmy and Robinson will come on from their first innings bowling

I assume it will be Broad and Anderson first up

Molehill

International Captain
It is enthralling test cricket. Has been all match. Gut feeling is that England are about 40 runs short but who knows? Also tomorrow's forecast has improved, if Aus bat the time they win.
Kind of agree, but I think the weather will be more conducive tomorrow for helping the seamers. I think the Aussies need to have 120 on the board tonight.

Kirkut

International Regular
One of the great cricketing myths continues to persist.
Three bowlers with similar style - short of good length, hit the deck bowling can get predictable and easier for batsmen to read. Having someone who can pitch it up and swing it at high pace adds variety and unpredictability.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Kind of agree, but I think the weather will be more conducive tomorrow for helping the seamers. I think the Aussies need to have 120 on the board tonight.
I think England really need James Anderson to come to the party here ...Will Anderson take the new ball though? He didn't in the first innings

Spark

Global Moderator
Three bowlers with similar style - short of good length, hit the deck bowling can get predictable and easier for batsmen to read. Having someone who can pitch it up and swing it at high pace adds variety and unpredictability.
The myth is that Starc is particularly good at the tail, he isn't (on the other hand, the idea that Starc is just a tailbasher is equally a myth).