• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

CartyDurham

International Captain
Was thinking the same. Maybe they have selected few to fit different deliveries and need the extra time to pick the correct one
:laugh: They are all out to get Australia . the first one missed the stumps anyway . The second one should have been umps call and out

the last one looked as plumb as could be but Cummins chose not to review

I think that’s fair

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looked close, definitely. I didn't see the review last night but it does show the impact of keeping your reviews. With 2-3 I think we go for it. Think height was the concern though.
It does, but I don't have too many dramas with the reviews they took. There must have been a noise with the Root one because they all went up and the lbw looked good at first blush. they weren't vintage Australian review howlers imo.

CartyDurham

International Captain
It does, but I don't have too many dramas with the reviews they took. There must have been a noise with the Root one because they all went up and the lbw looked good at first blush. they weren't vintage Australian review howlers imo.
What about the last one? Cummins has to review that one mind. It was as plumb as could be

CartyDurham

International Captain
People need to look at record books and check how many times 250+ gets chased down in 4th innings

It’s not a lot
Exactly. I’ve been posting if England get 280 it will be some chase for Australia

anything more and over 300, this is Englands game

historically at Edgbaston shows you this

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Haha Root actually tried the lap off the first ball of the day? Almost makes me wish Boycs was still on the air just for the opportunity to hear him drop an F-bomb on live tv.
I was thinking earlier that it's a shame that Trueman isn't still around to commentate on Root's approach this morning.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Was it though? It looked high as well given he's batting outside his crease.

Also, you don't lose a review when you don't take one.
It was high but I feel umps call and Cummins would have retained his review

shame they have not shown it as of yet . I think it was three reds

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I don't blame them for going for the second one. Looked a decent shout live.

First one I missed as it happened after I went to bed but if Carey and Smith were both keen....it wasn't like it was 50/50 for a noise (which is usually a sign that nothing was doing) which has often led to reviews.