• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Spark

Global Moderator
Only me saying it though. :laugh: No praise of root , it’s all just poor bowling

can no one just post, that’s a good shot by root, or is it only me

and brook puts Lyon away first ball with a perfect cut shot
We're posting about the poor bowling because we're annoyed about the poor bowling. We can complain about that without you jumping on our backs about it every single time.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Right Mrs is on the war path

4 more thank you. Enjoy this top class batting all. Maybe someone could post at least , by that’s a good shot , just once

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would like to see both Brook and Stokes not giving their innings away too easily until they get to at least 30-40. Hit the bad ball yes, but no need to be reckless early on.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
The big question before this series was could England score quickly off this Aussie attack.

Most Aussies said no, most England fans had their doubts. But whatever the result of this test, runs wise this Aussie attack has been taken apart by England.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
That reverse scoop is actually brilliant from root. His usual way of scoring of the channel ball has been to sit back and run it fine. The reverse scoop means that he has a way to score in that same area off the channel ball, and it's primarily a boundary shot so you've gotta have the fielder back for it. If you keep the fielder up he scoops it, if you put him back he runs it for one. If you put two fielders there to stop the single and boundary it opens up another scoring area.

Don't know if it'll help him in AUS since he usually gets out from the extra bounce while trying to run it over there, and if there's extra bounce it's alot harder to scoop.

Zinzan

Would like to see both Brook and Stokes not giving their innings away too easily until they get to at least 30-40. Hit the bad ball yes, but no need to be reckless early on.
That said loving this from Brook, putting away the bad ones.

CartyDurham

International Captain

ok all I apologise. I like to look on the good side and not the negative

when it’s the Aussies turn to bat, I’ll be saying great shot a lot , and not moaning about bowlers all the time

not one person has said that’s a good shot by root. Not one bar me. It’s all bad bowling

Spark

Global Moderator
The big question before this series was could England score quickly off this Aussie attack.

Most Aussies said no, most England fans had their doubts. But whatever the result of this test, runs wise this Aussie attack has been taken apart by England.
I don't think this is accurate. It's whether they could score quickly in helpful bowling conditions in particular. On that front we very much don't know, because aside from that half an hour yesterday we haven't had those.

Could they score like this in the sort of conditions that were present on the first two days at Headingley last time around? That's an open question.

Burgey

ok all I apologise. I like to look on the good side and not the negative

when it’s the Aussies turn to bat, I’ll be saying great shot a lot , and not moaning about bowlers all the time

not one person has said that’s a good shot by root. Not one bar me. It’s all bad bowling
Mate, didn't you say you had to go? You should try to be a man of your word

Gob

International Coach

That should never have been a question because they have been notoriously bad when teams go after them in recent times.