• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it wasn't just 4 overs though was it, it was potentially 10 or more and a first innings score of potentially 450
I’m talking about the dropped catches etc, making the declaration look bad. Unless they happened early on they have no impact on how the declaration looks

Burgey

You mean you weren’t impressed by his 110 Kph thunderbolts?
He just looked out of sorts. The pace thing doesn’t worry me so much because it’s not his weapon anyway. Though I’m sure they’d like him bowling 5-10kph quicker if they’re playing these three seamers.

CartyDurham

International Captain
You Aussies are in big trouble if England get a lead between 280 and 320 here mind

edgbaston is one of the hardest grounds to go chasing in a fourth innings

Burgey

You Pommies are in big trouble if England fall in a heap here mind

It won’t matter if edgbaston is one of the hardest grounds to go chasing in a fourth innings if they have a couple of days to chase 150 odd
Yeah, anyone would think the game could go either way

CartyDurham

International Captain
Drying agent .

that’s basically the same as rubbing your hands into dirt around the stumps to bowl. They do that to get a better grip with drying hands

slowfinger

International Debutant
I’m talking about the dropped catches etc, making the declaration look bad. Unless they happened early on they have no impact on how the declaration looks
there was clearly some good thought going into the bowling plan but you're right the fielding has made it look silly. But still with this docile pitch and the bowlers sending down 81mph bowling machiners it doesn't look very good does it

CartyDurham

International Captain
there was clearly some good thought going into the bowling plan but you're right the fielding has made it look silly. But still with this docile pitch and the bowlers sending down 81mph bowling machiners it doesn't look very good does it
Those bowlers created chances to be dropped and the Aussies didn’t create anywhere near the same opportunities as England did them a favour by declaring

Aussies could be a hundred behind getting bowled by trundlers