• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Spark

Global Moderator
It’s how England choose to play. Let’s say Anderson did bat and got his finger broke for the sake of a few runs

The same people criticising the declaration would be saying they should have declared to stop Anderson being injured

Get with the programme. This is how Stokes and England play
Just because it's how they choose to play doesn't mean we can't call it stupid when they do stupid things.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Broad was good but Anderson and Robinson were pedestrian. Both sides only really had one quick in each first innings who bowled at something like their accepted level
I agree. Still took all ten Aussies and missed five chances for pedestrians

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I do think the declaration was needless but sometimes you take the good with the bad. This is one of those occassions and I think I said the same about their declaration in NZ too.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Just because it's how they choose to play doesn't mean we can't call it stupid when they do stupid things.
I fully agree. But you may find that saying it’s stupid for days on end is pointless

If Anderson had batted and broken a finger , I know for certain people would be saying it was stupid not to declare

It’s how things are

Anyway England lead by 7

They get a lead between 280 and 320 then that will be tough to chase

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia bowled 2 balls outside Ducket’s off stump in the first innings and he edged them both

8 balls in the first innings and every one at leg or wider

Just bizarre from bowlers of this quality

Spark

Global Moderator
I fully agree. But you may find that saying it’s stupid for days on end is pointless

If Anderson had batted and broken a finger , I know for certain people would be saying it was stupid not to declare

It’s how things are

Anyway England lead by 7

They get a lead between 280 and 320 then that will be tough to chase
By this logic England should never let Anderson bat, ever, because the risk of him breaking a finger is greater than the 10th wicket partnership runs.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Why anger @Prince EWS

It’s what they do. All people just have to accept it

If Anderson had batted and broke a finger, would you think that people would have said stokes should have declared

Let’s just get on with the game

CartyDurham

International Captain
By this logic England should never let Anderson bat, ever, because the risk of him breaking a finger is greater than the 10th wicket partnership runs.
It’s the logic which Stokes and the team agreed to do. Not mine. The last series in England Anderson bowled four overs and was not seen again

Id put my mortgage on if he had batted and broke a finger, people would be outraged stokes allowed that to happen

Right I’m sick of saying the same point

The game is on here

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why anger @Prince EWS

It’s what they do. All people just have to accept it

If Anderson had batted and broke a finger, would you think that people would have said stokes should have declared

Let’s just get on with the game
Day 1 declarations should be illegal and Stokes should be banned for life. I definitely would not have been saying Stokes should have declared if Anderson got hit on the finger.

Aritro

International Regular
Fun fact: There once was a man called Ben Duckett, whose dick was so long he could suck it. And he said with a grin, as he wiped off his chin; "If my ear were a ****, I could **** it".