• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I personally never minded the Moeen selection because who else are you going to pick? Dom Bess?

A massive part of England's revival has been simply down to picking the most talented cricketers in the country and playing a style which suits those individuals. Moeen is entirely consistent with that.
Is Rehan Ahmed injured? He looks a million times more talented than Moeen. Backward step imo.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You said in your post that we picked Moeen because Bazball, radical, etc etc. This is untrue, we picked him because Leach is injured and they didn’t think anyone else is good enough. But you’ve tried to make it something it’s not, in your usual midwitted manner. I guess it’s a consequence of you being of limited intellect.
It's banter you potato I'm just insulting your team it doesn't have to make sense

you're also still wrong Moeen has bowled worse than club bowlers I know

bAzBaLL

Burgey

Big error by England picking Ali and putting Bairstow behind the stumps.Ali gives away far to many cheap boundaries and his batting is hit and miss.I Am sure ther is a better spinner somewhere in England.
there is but he’s playing for australia

CartyDurham

International Captain
Right now we’ve got the wind ups and anger out the way

with rain expected and loss of overs, if the Aussies get a 100 lead will they declare ?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Low IQ people say "but there's no one else in England' and 'waaah Moeen'

High IQ people admit the ECB see spin as a token role to fill overs, make the overrates and serve dross that will incidentally pick up wickets.

I advise all you spin-activists to actually use your brains.

trundler

Picking someone like Parkinson would be a lot more in line with the picking the most talented players and letting them do their thang policy. Not saying I agree with it. 4 quicks + Root was surely the way to go.