• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I personally think root is under bowled as a spin option.

anyway. That’s me off for a bit. The mrs has shouted her daily instructions

see you later hopefully
I assume the instructions were 'stop making erroneous comparisons between Jimmy Anderson and Glenn McGrath! Oh, and mow the lawn'.

Son Of Coco

Given the amount of effort that goes into a Robinson delivery, I am surprised he ever gets injured.

I do like the flowing motion of his run up and delivery, and he obviously has skillz, but it just seems such a waste of a tall body. Extra bounce at 125kph is handy though.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Australians who think Moeen was a completely terrible selection really don't understand how bare the spin cupboard is.

It was a risk that didn't work but it wasn't an unnecessary risk at all. I would've just picked Wood or Woakes and let Stokes rest his knee from bowling for another Test but if they wanted to pick a spinner I do think he was the least bad option. We all know it was a bad option but when faced with a bad option or a worse one, you take the bad option.
I would rather pick Parkinson

social

Broad seems like a decent fella and is also a really good commentator

I saw a clip of a show called something like “Test v Club” where he bowled to a club cricketer in the nets

Batsman said “That’s quick” and Broad responded with “Thank you. You’re the first person to say that to me since 2010”

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's crazy how despite the spam only 2 English cricketers have 30 tons. Obviously, moderately above average players like Bell and Broad have benefitted massively from test spam to accrue big aggregates at modest averages but England having the most players to play 100 tests and yet only having 2 guys with 30 tons shows you how poor their batting stocks over the years. And one of those 2 is Cook. Not exactly ATG.