• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Spark

Global Moderator
1990 - 2005.....better bowlers collectively than what it has been for the past decade.

Anyway still Khawaja has rwcked up an impressive record so far
I've said this many times before but the last ten years in particular has had plenty of high quality fast bowlers in particular that you wilfully ignore for no apparent reason. And Ashwin and Jadeja are miles above the non-Warne/Murali spinners of that era.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
1990 - 2005.....better bowlers collectively than what it has been for the past decade.

Anyway still Khawaja has rwcked up an impressive record so far
Mate 2000-2005 is part of the easiest batting era in test cricket history. Get your head out your ass. Batting between ~2016-2022 was as hard as any point in the 80's/90's.

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Captain
I've said this many times before but the last ten years in particular has had plenty of high quality fast bowlers in particular that you wilfully ignore for no apparent reason. And Ashwin and Jadeja are miles above the non-Warne/Murali spinners of that era.
I rate Saqlain Mushtaq a better spinner than Jedaja. In terms of fast bowlers in the past ten years - they are good collectively but not as good as the fast bowlers from the 1990s to 2005.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Khawaja has never been bounced out by Mohammad Abbas which automatically makes him better than Bevan as a test match batsman. Not all of those guys were competing for a top order spot and I do believe they benefit from a sort of cheerleader effect.
As does khwaja now though

he is brilliant of course but not an all time great

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mate 2000-2005 is part of the easiest batting era in test cricket history. Get your head out your ass. Batting between ~2016-2022 was as hard as any point in the 80's/90's.
Not in Australia.

But yeah still definitely at least as hard as other the era mentioned lol.

Spark

Global Moderator
Specifically 2018-2021, batting seemed borderline impossible for non-fab 4 batsmen at times, especially once India started producing square turners instead of the slow deteriorating flatties they'd been accustomed to.

Australia the exception to that ofc. But England, India, SA in particular were all nightmare places for top order batsmen in those years.

Bijed

International Regular
Bloke has 4000 Test runs at an average of nearly 50, much of which has come in a bowler friendly era. The disrespect here is bizarre
I had him down as a HTB for a while, but he's proved himself to be a genuinely very good player imo. Flaws in his record, yeah, but virtually all good (and even great) players do

Spark

Global Moderator
I rate Saqlain Mushtaq a better spinner than Jedaja. In terms of fast bowlers in the past ten years - they are good collectively but not as good as the fast bowlers from the 1990s to 2005.
Jadeja is miiiiles above Saqlain, who never won a Test match in Australia, whereas Jadeja has been a key part of two series wins in Australia. Never mind being crucial to a team which has not a home series in a decade.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Could I add at this point that this is the first time for a few years now I’ve seen the Aussies play.

in the uk they are on BT Sports in the uk winter and I don’t pay for that channel.

I do like the look of Carey though , was impressed with his calm keeping and his batting looks decent