• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You called it mate. I guess we'll soon see if it's the right call.
Is the one part of the whole bazball thing I can't really get my head around. Really looked like there was another easy 30-40 runs out there.

Still totally up for 10/2 at the close right.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
On a more conducive pitch in 2019, England made 374 and lost. I just don't think this is smart. The Australian side is not so stupid as to be psyched into thinking otherwise other.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
78 more ball left
in day 1 Proccedings // too slow over rate by Aus.

Live Telecast has been interupted due to technical issu🫁🚴‍♂️🚴🚴‍♀️

eng 393/8*
Root 118 not out

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
This is a very brave declaration.

I think Stokes will top it even further with Moeen opening the bowling.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbf, I don’t think many teams worry more about Root than KP

Latter is seriously underrated because of his personality
Omg seriously? You talk like you know this game and tell us how you spend time in the nets chatting to all these great cricketers....... but you somehow come out with these ****i g bazzare opinions that just makes me realise you are absolutely clueless and have nfi what your talking about.

Joe Root >>>>> KP. And any team (or person) that "fears" KP more over a series than Root is just off the wall stupid.

Spark

Global Moderator
Is the one part of the whole bazball thing I can't really get my head around. Really looked like there was another easy 30-40 runs out there.

Still totally up for 10/2 at the close right.
Whose to say that Root doesn't get hold of the new ball and smacks around far more than that? But no it's so important to get five overs in tonight even if it's the difference between an okay score and a genuinely imposing one.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
So we've seen basically all sides of Bazball here, right? Good and bad.

Probably the Bazballiest day yet. It's psychoanalytical nonsense that declaration, but you can't be surprised any more. Cricket played with the gut for better or worse. Such a shame Warne isn't here to see it, he'd be so chuffed.