• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
There has been alot of talk about Bazball and that it won't work against Australia because their bowling line up is too good.

That's nonsense for me because I think alot of people don't really understand what Bazball is. This is from Andrew Miller on Cricinfo and is the best explanation as I understand it, of what it is.

'Bazball is not a synonym for witless slogging, it is about taking the field with an uncluttered, fear-free mindset, with licence to find the very best version of yourself, safe in the knowledge that there will be no dressing-room recriminations for failure.'

Now that doesn't mean we'll slog Cummins and Co for a run a ball as that's not what McCullum and Stokes are trying to achieve.

We may or may not beat Australia, but I believe the work done since McCullum and Stokes came to the fore, gives our players the best chance to play to their full potential.

Then we will see if that is good enough to win or not.
That’s good corporate synergy

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What excuses will Burgey come out with on day 1 when England are on top

"The pitch isn't fair to the Australians"
"England got lucky"
"The Cricket ball is weird"
"Jetlag"
"Wrong time of year"

Any more
I don’t come up with excuses, and nor will I need to. Unlike you, I’ll be here regardless of the outcome.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There has been alot of talk about Bazball and that it won't work against Australia because their bowling line up is too good.

That's nonsense for me because I think alot of people don't really understand what Bazball is. This is from Andrew Miller on Cricinfo and is the best explanation as I understand it, of what it is.

'Bazball is not a synonym for witless slogging, it is about taking the field with an uncluttered, fear-free mindset, with licence to find the very best version of yourself, safe in the knowledge that there will be no dressing-room recriminations for failure.'

Now that doesn't mean we'll slog Cummins and Co for a run a ball as that's not what McCullum and Stokes are trying to achieve.

We may or may not beat Australia, but I believe the work done since McCullum and Stokes came to the fore, gives our players the best chance to play to their full potential.

Then we will see if that is good enough to win or not.
Can we take this offline, circle back to it and hopefully reach a landing once we’re all across the art of the possible with regards to the subject matter at hand? Thanks.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Stats

Steve Smith needs another 53 runs to become the fourth Australian to complete 9000 Test runs. If he does that in the first innings at Edgbaston, he'll be the joint-quickest to the milestone alongside Kumar Sangakkara (172 inns each).

G. S. Kohli

highest run rate under Captaincy

ben Stokes: 4.65 run rate
s. Waugh : 3.66
C. Hill: 3.58
Sangakara :3.55
Cummins :3.52.

--
ben stokes Declared First innings under 110 over most times since McCullum take over as eng Coach

70% teams batted 140 ovs to win matches
---

G. S. Kohli

Anderson is set to feature in his tenth consecutive Ashes series, having picked up 112 wickets at 33.76

Stokes, meanwhile, needs six wickets to reach the 200 mark