• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in West indies 2023

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
Wi is still the only team who have won more test than lost on Indian soil against india. That's really a wonderful record even after they haven't won a single test from 2002. Now I can imagine the dominance of that old wi team. 😅

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I was thinking through our squad and lineup for this test series. Now I hardly ever agree with Dessie et all and the Bajan mafia, but surely even they must recognise it is time for change in the batting lineup? The last test against SA had 3 All-rounders in the top 5 (Reifer, Mayers and Chase), which is utterly ridiculous and setting us up to fail. Our batting is so bad that if the bowlers are out of form or we suffer an injury crisis (like we did in Australia) we are reduced to associate level standard at best. So we need to change. In my eyes that means that we say goodbye to Reifer, Brooks and Chase and to slide Mayers down the order. Blackwood should come up to 3, which is where he bats in FC cricket, and sink or swim.

Personally I think they should select:

Kraigg Braithwaite (c)
Tage Chanderpaul
Jermaine Blackwood (vc)
Alick Athanaze
Brandon King
Josh Da Silva (wk)
Kyle Mayers
Jason Holder
Alzarri Joseph
Gudakesh Motie (a spinner who bats a bit if he is injured)
Kemar Roach

Reserves
Jayden Seales (if fit)
Jair McCallistair
Shai Hope (back up wk, no Devon Thomas now)
Raymon Reifer (back up all-rounder)

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
I was thinking through our squad and lineup for this test series. Now I hardly ever agree with Dessie et all and the Bajan mafia, but surely even they must recognise it is time for change in the batting lineup? The last test against SA had 3 All-rounders in the top 5 (Reifer, Mayers and Chase), which is utterly ridiculous and setting us up to fail. Our batting is so bad that if the bowlers are out of form or we suffer an injury crisis (like we did in Australia) we are reduced to associate level standard at best. So we need to change. In my eyes that means that we say goodbye to Reifer, Brooks and Chase and to slide Mayers down the order. Blackwood should come up to 3, which is where he bats in FC cricket, and sink or swim.

Personally I think they should select:

Kraigg Braithwaite (c)
Tage Chanderpaul
Jermaine Blackwood (vc)
Alick Athanaze
Brandon King
Josh Da Silva (wk)
Kyle Mayers
Jason Holder
Alzarri Joseph
Gudakesh Motie (a spinner who bats a bit if he is injured)
Kemar Roach

Reserves
Jayden Seales (if fit)
Jair McCallistair
Shai Hope (back up wk, no Devon Thomas now)
Raymon Reifer (back up all-rounder)
This team looks solid 💪.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Door slightly ajar for West Indies to sneak a test win I think. Bumrah has proven to be totally unplayable on these pitches with variable bounce and his absence will hurt. India's pace attack in general looked down on where it was three years ago. Also a fair chance a youngster will hold up the No. 3 position for India, by no means an easy batting assignment. West Indies batting last time included Bravo and Hetmyer who clearly could not give a rats about tests by that stage. T. Chanderpaul and a somewhat improved Blackwood will hopefully put in a better account. India still odds on for a sweep, but I will be interested in this series

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
Chandrapaul still hasn't played a test in wi. Interesting how will he perform. If Jayden seales is fit , there bowling attack looks great especially in wi

Beamer

Door slightly ajar for West Indies to sneak a test win I think. Bumrah has proven to be totally unplayable on these pitches with variable bounce and his absence will hurt. India's pace attack in general looked down on where it was three years ago. Also a fair chance a youngster will hold up the No. 3 position for India, by no means an easy batting assignment. West Indies batting last time included Bravo and Hetmyer who clearly could not give a rats about tests by that stage. T. Chanderpaul and a somewhat improved Blackwood will hopefully put in a better account. India still odds on for a sweep, but I will be interested in this series
We could burgle a test due to the quality of our bowling at home, but only if the batting manages to get some runs on the board. Against India and SA over recent years we have managed to bowl them out for low-average scores only to get blown away for pathetic scores by Bumrah and Nortje. Even withouth Bumrah, India's attack is excellent so I expect us to lose, but if they make changes to the batting lineup I think it will be more competitive.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
We could burgle a test due to the quality of our bowling at home, but only if the batting manages to get some runs on the board. Against India and SA over recent years we have managed to bowl them out for low-average scores only to get blown away for pathetic scores by Bumrah and Nortje. Even withouth Bumrah, India's attack is excellent so I expect us to lose, but if they make changes to the batting lineup I think it will be more competitive.
i got the news that even shami might be rested for the test series and there is even doubt about siraj that he will play all the games. They are considering Jaydev Unadkat, Shardul Thakur for the test. If it is true than this is the best chance for my favorite team to defeat my home team.

Socerer 01

International Captain
i got the news that even shami might be rested for the test series and there is even doubt about siraj that he will play all the games. They are considering Jaydev Unadkat, Shardul Thakur for the test. If it is true than this is the best chance for my favorite team to defeat my home team.
Mukesh Kumar may play a test

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Talks that Jaiswal and Ruturaj would get a chance in the squad for WI tour. I am rooting for at least one of Ruturaj or Jaiswal to come good in tests. Having high expectations from both of them.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
I think playing B team against Wi in tests could be disastrous for India. If by chance India lose a test against Wi, it would be decrease our chance for wtc final qualification. Any team can be fatal at home and we have seen that in the series against Bangladesh.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Move Gill to 4. Have Jaiswal open with Rohit and Ruturaj at 3. Drop Poo and Kohli.
Why are we putting gaikwad in the same convo as gill and jaiswal? Sarfaraz Khan, patidar, tilak and a million other young batsmen are more deserving of a test cap then gaikwad. Averaging 42 in ranji isn't enough for a test call up.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Why are we putting gaikwad in the same convo as gill and jaiswal? Sarfaraz Khan, patidar, tilak and a million other young batsmen are more deserving of a test cap then gaikwad. Averaging 42 in ranji isn't enough for a test call up.
Tilak averages 40 from just 7 fc games though..

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
Ind has released their test and odi squad. Shami and pujara rested for test. No bumrah
. Bowling attack look weak with shardul , siraj, Mukesh , unadkat, Navdeep saini as fast bowlers. If wi make green fast bouncy wickets they could really trouble us. We have Ashwin , jadeja and axar as spinners so no problem there.

Beamer

Ind has released their test and odi squad. Shami and pujara rested for test. No bumrah
. Bowling attack look weak with shardul , siraj, Mukesh , unadkat, Navdeep saini as fast bowlers. If wi make green fast bouncy wickets they could really trouble us. We have Ashwin , jadeja and axar as spinners so no problem there.
My initial take is that is a significantly weaker bowling attack than last time, which is frankly a relief given how awesome Bumrah was and how awful our batting was and still is.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
My initial take is that is a significantly weaker bowling attack than last time, which is frankly a relief given how awesome Bumrah was and how awful our batting was and still is.
Yeah pretty weak bowling attack and India is not the same team that toured in 2019. We also have struggled in last 2-3 years. If wi can cope up with Siraj who is our main bowler then game on. Should be an exciting series . Just the timing sucks here

Socerer 01

International Captain
Pujara isn’t rested he has been

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D