• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
@Krypto - sent you invites for a 3 match DEV series starting Sunday.

Should be more active on Stumped in next couple weeks so am very open to any friendlies.
Thank you , always accept any friendlies . Not sure my Dev team will be a challenge as i dont play Vermaak that has 3 weeks left and Tonderayi who is a senior player for me at age 20 . If i don't compare with you on the first game ill add them for a bit more of a challenge .

Edit : Just saw you almost rocking a 50k rated dev team . Ill play my two senior guys . Without them I'm not going to be much of an opposition .

JOJOXI

International Captain
Thank you , always accept any friendlies . Not sure my Dev team will be a challenge as i dont play Vermaak that has 3 weeks left and Tonderayi who is a senior player for me at age 20 . If i don't compare with you on the first game ill add them for a bit more of a challenge .

Edit : Just saw you almost rocking a 50k rated dev team . Ill play my two senior guys . Without them I'm not going to be much of an opposition .
I was going to rotate a bit but how much XPV does your full strength Dev team reach with those 2 players

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Opening the batting with a finisher makes so much sense, especially when I have 2 finishers in my line-up

Right now, Oliver James is killing it at the opening slot.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On the topic of pops. Young up to 45 skill now.
Have you always used Young as your keeper? How do you find him at a 13 keeping skill? I'm asking because I am always wondering about the trade off of having a highly skilled wk?

Jarquis

Have you always used Young as your keeper? How do you find him at a 13 keeping skill? I'm asking because I am always wondering about the trade off of having a highly skilled wk?
I have and to be honest he seems to have always done really quite well.

Obviously higher is better but being a home grown team we don’t have that luxury.

I would equate it to a batsman with 13 SS or bowler with 13 accuracy. It’s perfectly serviceable but you can do better

ataraxia

International Coach
@ataraxia Thanks for the game. Good win for you. My long tail hurting (3 no.11s). TMOs can't have both Levy and Davidson fail, never chase big totals then.
Rusty sure trying to remain in the squad! Unbeaten 140 SR 210th-game format high score, on 5 touch.

Very bad pitch for these bowlers to play on – looking at BQ I've got about 4 bowlers and that's it. Might as well bowl 10 overs of Kurt Murdoch lol

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GG CC

-Gregory Penn, 30-year-old is now retired and is a groundsman with adjustment of 1, and a consistency of 16.
-Krige Booysens, a level 15 bowling coach, is on the market; current bid: $0
Booysens sold for $5,000

A ****ing level 15 bowling coach going for only $5,000 is a ****ing steal!

Jarquis

So are 73k bowlers though! A real case study of #BQ that game tbh

Also, **** Oceania's strong. You're playing a team in a division 2 who by Expert Preview would be the second best team in Asia and centimetres off first.
Interesting that spinners seem to get more out of a complete road than seamers.
Would’ve been interesting to see how Hlengwa would have gone as RF but seems like the quicker the seamers bowled today the further they got hit.

Jarquis

Would’ve been interesting to see how Hlengwa would have gone as RF but seems like the quicker the seamers bowled today the further they got hit.
Judging by their attack and BQ he would have been useful…

ataraxia

International Coach
It's dry, that's why. Complete road in Stumped-talk would be more like 50 moisture – I think. That said, spinners do seem to get a bit more out of greater wear than do seamers. AXI haven't had a first XI medium since Jasper Davey so couldn't possibly comment lol.

Jarquis

It's dry, that's why. Complete road in Stumped-talk would be more like 50 moisture – I think. That said, spinners do seem to get a bit more out of greater wear than do seamers. AXI haven't had a first XI medium since Jasper Davey so couldn't possibly comment lol.
How early on their training journey do your prioritise pace?