• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We said it before but this has been the least dramatic Champions League in years.

Should have just listened to @Niall and not bothered watching.
First half of Liverpool/Real, first leg of City/Real and the Chelsea Dortmund games the only ones I’ve been properly enthralled by that I’ve watched.

Niall

International Coach
Wherever you stand the hypocrisy is rank. SkyBet sponsor the EFL but if an EFL player puts a bet on, he’s done.

Don’t get me wrong they know the rules etc but it’s ridiculous.
Fascinated to know how it came out, footballers have been betting for years but bookies have the common sense to keep their details under wraps .

I know someone said some dipshit in Ladbrokes cried it, if true what an absolute nerd.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Mixed feelings on it, winning the treble is an astonishing achievement even it was drama free to an extent.

Champions league very impressive Munich and Madrid dispatched very easily along with those German postmen. It did not have the drama of United winning it in Munich but heh that's not their fault. FA Cup, they beat nobody of note and the premier league an Arsenal side who simply were not up for it when it got serious.

I'l win money on them winning all three, but do feel annoyed I did not put more on but ah well.
Oh come on Niall. You act as if the pressure City applied had nothing to do with how Arsenal imploded. To say they were not up for it is ridiculous.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fascinated to know how it came out, footballers have been betting for years but bookies have the common sense to keep their details under wraps .

I know someone said some dip**** in Ladbrokes cried it, if true what an absolute nerd.
I’ve got a mate in the industry, and lower league footballers are definitely at it. I guess it’s a case of trying not to get caught.

We had Ronnie Moore sacked for it many years ago.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know it was an effing weird season, but Brayern were pretty awesome in 2020.

Absolutely destroyed Barca and the Chavs.
I had totally forgotten about that Barca destruction. It was a very close final though wasn't it. This one could yet be of course.

Niall

International Coach
I’ve got a mate in the industry, and lower league footballers are definitely at it. I guess it’s a case of trying not to get caught.

We had Ronnie Moore sacked for it many years ago.
Yeah the other issue footy players have is they can't get someone else to open an account on their behalf anymore. Can't risk a jealous ex or pissed of mate dobbing them in and most bookies do affordability checks so if Toney's "mate" was to bet heavily for him it would set of so many red flags.

I hope he had some chunky bets at least, be devastating if he got into all this sort of bother for 50 quid accas now and then.

Oh come on Niall. You act as if the pressure City applied had nothing to do with how Arsenal imploded. To say they were not up for it is ridiculous.
Yeah that's fair ,,,,City have been relentless but Arsenal did crack somewhat and that's on them.

Niall

International Coach
Won't they also have had to beat Arsenal, United (and Chelsea) to win the FA cup.
Chelsea were poor but yeah they did get trashed United are very average right now, crawling into the top 4 . They are nowhere near the level they were at when they defeated them earlier this season. Obviously its not a total foregone conclusion but it would be a very bizarre slip up if City lost to them.

battistadonati

Cricket Spectator
Why did Arsenal collapse? Of course they weren't ready. Basically all the young ones, those who should have given the experience of victories - Jesus and Zinchenko. Jesus was absent half a season, and Zinchenko is too emotional.

battistadonati

Cricket Spectator
They have sacked the league off as well once it was clear they were not going to win it. It is standard Madrid though, very strange in that they are clearly a better team than Barcelona.

City are a better side but not sure they actually have better players.
How can you say that Madrid is better than Barcelona? Barcelona won the Liga, Xavi is finishing rebuilding the team. Ancelotti hopes again that Vinicius runs away and Benzema puts his foot down. From season to season...

Socerer 01

International Captain
How can you say that Madrid is better than Barcelona? Barcelona won the Liga, Xavi is finishing rebuilding the team. Ancelotti hopes again that Vinicius runs away and Benzema puts his foot down. From season to season...
on paper they are the better team which is what op meant but ofc it didn’t work that way in reality

battistadonati

Cricket Spectator
on paper they are the better team which is what op meant but ofc it didn’t work that way in reality
And on paper they weren't any better in my opinion... Barcelona's potential has been seen since the beginning of the season, and Ancelotti's conservatism just kills :(

Furball

Evil Scotsman
6 months is pretty much what was expected I think. Would have much rather got it out of the way at the end of this season but it is not a disaster. Fairly sure he would have been sold in the summer so interesting to see what happens in January now.
It probably humps Brentford out of the best fee they could get because he's got 2 years left on his contract doesn't he? This summer would be the prime time to sell him.