• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Which mid-table team would hire Gerrard? All of the teams stupid enough to do that have been relegated by now. Brighton, Brentford, Fulham, Wolves etc don’t do the whole English ex-player with a mediocre coaching CV thing.

Maybe West Ham when Moyes leaves, but options are limited. The table is running out of fish.
This season has been funny in that at times it feels like everyone has a good modern coach and yet Hodgson, Dyche and Allardyce have all ended up being hired.

Aston Villa and Wolves stand out by an absolute mile in actually being able to hire quality managers during the season.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
This season has been funny in that at times it feels like everyone has a good modern coach and yet Hodgson, Dyche and Allardyce have all ended up being hired.

Aston Villa and Wolves stand out by an absolute mile in actually being able to hire quality managers during the season.
There have been some utterly ridiculous appointments and we now have 3 clubs on their 3rd permanent manager.

My favourite appointment has to be Nathan Jones (and not just because I hate that club). A man so completely out of his depth and yet totally delusional about his own capabilities.

Best appointment (and again not just because I love the fella) has to be Gary O Neil. A team we were told was simply not good enough by the previous manager is now happily mid table with 4 games to go. I'm not sure any of us saw that coming.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
There have been some utterly ridiculous appointments and we now have 3 clubs on their 3rd permanent manager.

My favourite appointment has to be Nathan Jones (and not just because I hate that club). A man so completely out of his depth and yet totally delusional about his own capabilities.

Best appointment (and again not just because I love the fella) has to be Gary O Neil. A team we were told was simply not good enough by the previous manager is now happily mid table with 4 games to go. I'm not sure any of us saw that coming.
Weren't Bournemouth also at one point going through the classic 'this is why you don't give the gig to the caretaker' spells of form?

Socerer 01

International Captain

Lopetegui is a fraud, wait and see till he crashes, he always has a good start but fizzles out quickly

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Weren't Bournemouth also at one point going through the classic 'this is why you don't give the gig to the caretaker' spells of form?
iirc they made a poor start when the season restarted after the WC. I do remember that Palace won there in December, between getting walloped at Selhurst Park by Fulham and Tottenham, so that's a fair indicator that all wasn't going well at Bournemouth for a little while.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, not only was he utterly wank, he comes across as a deeply, deeply weird cat.

Some of the stuff he came out with in press conferences might've even made Brendan Rogers think was ****ing strange and borderline nonsensical, whether it was bigging up his tactical acumen at Luton Down (boo, hiss, etc.) to a stupid degree, taking jabs at the Saints' supporters or claiming he'd scompromised his principles by listening too much to the players.

Yeah, he did well at the Hatters (boo, hiss, etc.) but the way he crashed and burned at Stoke inbetween his spells at the haemorrhoid in Bedfordshire's arsehole was surely the clue he was, at best, a massively optimistic appointment.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They were so strongly expected to go down when he stepped in that O’Neil didn’t get much blame.

Their players are just assumed to be not good enough, but nobody really knows because nobody has heard of any of them, even the ones that have been playing in the PL for years. It’s the weirdest club. They’re like a self-contained FM regen factory.

social

Football is like any other industry as some individuals continue to get hired in spite of previous failures

My best guess is that their only real skill is the ability to ace interviews

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I see Allardyce spent his semi-retirement taking copious amounts of class A drugs along with his pints of wine given his comments.

duffer

Lol, what's with PSG fans going to Neymar's house and telling him to feck off? Turning on a fair few players including Messi apparently, what's the deal?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
What's the full story here? Or is this just how they do in France these days?
Happens in the UK too. One of the things that led to Auba's Arsenal exit was disciplinary action following going to Spain to get a tattoo without permission.

Niall

International Coach
Football so far behind the times when it comes to concussion subs, De Gea surely should be off their.