• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official - Road to Ashes 2023

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CA did an article about Broad’s interview ahead of the Ashes where he mentioned Bazball and said “I’d love Steve smith to walk down the wicket and sky one to mid off”.

CA duly put the story on its socials, whereupon Broad commented on their Insta post wtte “tbf I love it any time we get him out, in any variety, because he averages 60” which I thought was pretty good. Then Smith chimed in @ Broad saying “hopefully 65 by the end of the summer”

some wholesome banter at last

Molehill

International Captain
CA did an article about Broad’s interview ahead of the Ashes where he mentioned Bazball and said “I’d love Steve smith to walk down the wicket and sky one to mid off”.

CA duly put the story on its socials, whereupon Broad commented on their Insta post wtte “tbf I love it any time we get him out, in any variety, because he averages 60” which I thought was pretty good. Then Smith chimed in @ Broad saying “hopefully 65 by the end of the summer”

some wholesome banter at last
Broad is kinda the modern day McGrath. You can't take anything he says seriously, but he's always got a good line in him.

His best comment was always the sandpapergate one though, just nailed it.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Michael Clark not happy hearing the ECB want shorter boundaries for the Ashes.
Saw that this morning. Even if this is just mind games it's hard to see the supposed nuance that Adders claims exists in BazBall when everything so far has shown it's about having the best biff possible, especially in favourable conditions.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Saw that this morning. Even if this is just mind games it's hard to see the supposed nuance that Adders claims exists in BazBall when everything so far has shown it's about having the best biff possible, especially in favourable conditions.
Aside from watching the actual matches, you mean.

Brook's side

International Regular
Michael Clark not happy hearing the ECB want shorter boundaries for the Ashes. I am not happy either. It will benefit both teams. Also don't ask for fast and flat wickets. Leave Test grounds to their normal characteristics.
shortening the boundaries (again) is ****ing tragic. **** off with this ****.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The nuance is you could be out for 150 or 400.

The thread that binds the two is that they both happen quickly.

It's really cute to see our learned friends of the English gentry still carrying on like they have recently invented scoring quickly in tests and/or "batting with intent".

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
It's really cute to see or learned friends of the English gentry still carrying on like they have recently invented scoring quickly in tests and/or "batting with intent".
Remind me which other team has ever scored over 500 runs on the first day of a test in only 75 overs bowled. Who was that again?

Look for all the talk of Bazball being all about the biff, one thing hasn't changed in test cricket......you still need to take 20 wickets to win. McStokes has managed to win 10 from 12 so there is more to the approach than just belting the ball and scoring quick.