• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official - Road to Ashes 2023

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As I'm sure you're aware mate:
This series isn't being played in Australia so our performances Down Under aren't relevant.

Secondly, it's 22 years and counting since you won an Ashes series in England. Our last series victory in Australia was of course when we hammered you in 2010/11.

So in short, I wouldn't be bringing up away form in Ashes series, if I were you.

In fact, the last time you beat us in England, the 1st iPhone was still 6 years away from being released ?
The last time australia beat England in England was the fourth test on the last tour.

England’s walking forfeit-like performances here on the past two tours are irrelevant despite them being damaged goods against Australia. Yet somehow Freddie Flintoff bowling a good spell at Lord’s in 2009 is apparently proof positive Aus can’t win in England.

Been saying for months. It’s done. You’d be better off not fronting. I suppose the good thing for England fans is at least your hack sloggers will be routed inside three days each test rather than the agony being prolonged. 4-0 Aus, with a rain ruined draw at whichever miserable, grey, ****hole postage stamp of a ground cops the never ending drizzle this summer.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
The last time australia beat England in England was the fourth test on the last tour.

England’s walking forfeit-like performances here on the past two tours are irrelevant despite them being damaged goods against Australia. Yet somehow Freddie Flintoff bowling a good spell at Lord’s in 2009 is apparently proof positive Aus can’t win in England.

Been saying for months. It’s done. You’d be better off not fronting. I suppose the good thing for England fans is at least your hack sloggers will be routed inside three days each test rather than the agony being prolonged. 4-0 Aus, with a rain ruined draw at whichever miserable, grey, ****hole postage stamp of a ground cops the never ending drizzle this summer.
Someone's a bit touchy ?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Just been thinking, could the smaller boundary things be in response to the follow on loss to NZ aswell? If the boundaries are smaller then the fielders are probably gonna be covering less distance over the same time period since there's not as many 2's/3's available, right? If England are gonna be batting 50/60 overs most innings they probably wanna minimize the time there bowlers spend on the field when the opposition is batting.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Ironically, the last time we won in Australia was the last series you opened your trap with this much front running beforehand and you’re still (thankfully) to fulfil your forfeit from that one

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Ironically, the last time we won in Australia was the last series you opened your trap with this much front running beforehand and you’re still (thankfully) to fulfil your forfeit from that one
As someone who has only recently joined the site, what was the forfeit?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As someone who has only recently joined the site, what was the forfeit?

Burgey

I’m waiting til I next visit the UK and will fulfil it at the Wirral

Flem274*

123/5
Remind me which other team has ever scored over 500 runs on the first day of a test in only 75 overs bowled. Who was that again?

Look for all the talk of Bazball being all about the biff, one thing hasn't changed in test cricket......you still need to take 20 wickets to win. McStokes has managed to win 10 from 12 so there is more to the approach than just belting the ball and scoring quick.
Probably NZ v SL or Pak when McCullum got going was close to this. Especially the test after Hughes death where nz wanted to go home.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Jack Hobbs controversially not an option to open the batting.
Apparently I can pick Malan and Jennings but I can't pick Compton. It's definitely broken.

More seriously I was disappointed it didn't give me any sort of results at the end. Seems like a fairly useless tool.

Reactions: FBU

Burgey

I suspect they'll run with this first up. Maybe Wood or Archer for Broad, though I'm not sure about Archer's recurring elbow problems. Either way, the 8-11 is a bunny-a-thon.

If I was picking the side I'd probably bin Crawley, get Pope to open, move the rest up a slot and have Foakes keep. But I don't think they'll do that.

Won't matter who they pick, they're going to cop a pizzling. .

1683116260153.png

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
I suspect they'll run with this first up. Maybe Wood or Archer for Broad, though I'm not sure about Archer's recurring elbow problems. Either way, the 8-11 is a bunny-a-thon.

If I was picking the side I'd probably bin Crawley, get Pope to open, move the rest up a slot and have Foakes keep. But I don't think they'll do that.

Won't matter who they pick, they're going to cop a pizzling. .

View attachment 35699
If it's Australia who cop a pizzling, you can do your naked walk down Martin place to cover both the losses.
Kind of like killing two stones at once I guess.