• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2023

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
#Shanaka replaced Williamson for rest of IPL for Gujarat

# S. Iyer not only out of IPL 2023 but also missed WTC Final at oval.

# Rajat Patidar out of IPL 2023 with Heel injury.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Nintendo
More stat for you:

#Yuzvendra Chahal has picked up 28 wickets against Punjab, which is the third most in the IPL against this team, after Umesh Yadav (34) and Sunil Narine (33).

- #Since IPL 2019, Jos Buttler has scored only 152 runs in 190 deliveries against leg-spin, and has also been dismissed six times - twice by Rahul Chahar.

-# Shikhar Dhawan has scored 576 runs against Rajasthan Royals in the IPL and should he cross 600, he will become only fifth player to do so against RR.

Socerer 01

International Captain
According to cricinfo boult has the most First over wickets in the ipl since 2020 at 17, next best is 5. Given how important PP wickets are and the whole "you lose 70% of games when you lose 3 in the powerplay" cliche you'de have to think he's a seriously underrated player, no?
Boult isn’t underrated in India if that’s what you were asking. he is rightfully seen as a world class bowler

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Even without rabada this punjab attack looks really gun. Batting isn't as solid as the titans but their bowling should be able to restrict most sides to 160 odd.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Once again a team opting to bowl first and then being sent around the park.

I've still never quite worked out why Samson keeps instead of Buttler in this team.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm still going to say that if you don't release the ball in a Mankad attempt but the batter is shown to be in, it should be an automatic no-ball/free hit.
If he'd wanted to, he could've run him out. But it was Dhawan who isn't exactly the problem here.

kevinw

State Captain
If he'd wanted to, he could've run him out. But it was Dhawan who isn't exactly the problem here.
I gather from Cricinfo, that the guy was out of the crease when Ashwin stopped, but did get inside the crease the next ball (which Ashwin released). Generally, you know Ashwin is rattled when he tries this (e.g., his team are behind the eight-ball). I'm all for no-warnings for out of the crease batters but for a degree of risk for the bowler to stop them trying it constantly.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Commentators at start of game: "Shikhar playing anchor allows the other bats to play with freedom.

Comms 10 overs into game: "Shikhar's SR is putting pressure on other batters."

Make up your mind FFS.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I gather from Cricinfo, that the guy was out of the crease when Ashwin stopped, but did get inside the crease the next ball (which Ashwin released). Generally, you know Ashwin is rattled when he tries this (e.g., his team are behind the eight-ball). I'm all for no-warnings for out of the crease batters but for a degree of risk for the bowler to stop them trying it constantly.
Yes, I agree with this and proposed the same idea in another group too. No warnings. Either mankad him or don't mankad. If batter is out, he is out. Else, it is a free hit.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
To be honest, from what I saw, it was more like he just pulled out of bowling rather than threatened a Mankad at all. I'm as anti-Mankad as anyone, but didn't feel like an attempt here.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
To be honest, from what I saw, it was more like he just pulled out of bowling rather than threatened a Mankad at all. I'm as anti-Mankad as anyone, but didn't feel like an attempt here.
He gave Dhawan a few second long stare straight after he pulled out. Could just be theatrics but that tells me it's the mankad.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Reviewing wides (or non-wides) really is a load of time wasting ****, especially with one getting turned over a minute ago that really shouldn't have been.