• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2023

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
KKR v RCB today at 7.30 pm

#Russell The explosive batter has scored 395 runs in 13 innings against RCB, at an average of nearly 43 and a strike-rate of 208.

Socerer 01

International Captain
No. But as an all round package, I know which one I'd rather have in my team.....and his price tag would suggest others thought the same.
sorry I thought you were the original guy who asked why Curran wasn't sent in ahead of nobodies

it depends on what you want from a player really. Raza for a batting all rounder and Curran if you want bowling all rounder. prices in the ipl rely on lot more than just talent. age, marketability, hype, when you appear in the auction and previous history all have a very big impact as well. Curran benefitted from all of those. for eg Farooqi earns only 60k and Jansen earns 9 times more than that but Farooqi is the much better t20 bowler

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
sorry I thought you were the original guy who asked why Curran wasn't sent in ahead of nobodies

it depends on what you want from a player really. Raza for a batting all rounder and Curran if you want bowling all rounder. prices in the ipl rely on lot more than just talent. age, marketability, hype, when you appear in the auction and previous history all have a very big impact as well. Curran benefitted from all of those. for eg Farooqi earns only 60k and Jansen earns 9 times more than that but Farooqi is the much better t20 bowler
Totally agree. They both benefitted from the World Cup. I doubt Raza gets drafted without it, and Curran's price was dramatically inflated because of it.

Ali TT

International Regular
Whatever Raza did against the associate nations at the T20 WC, I'd still have Curran come in with 4 overs left than him.

G. S. Kohli

KKR pin their hopes on Narine and Russell against Kohli-powered RCB
Knight Riders' top six faces a big challenge as the IPL returns to the Eden Gardens

Matter Tie Kohli up with spin
  • Maxwell, Kohli and du Plessis don't have great strike rates against Narine in the IPL. Maxwell's stands at 101.75 (58 off 57 balls), Kohli's at 103.06 (101 off 98) and du Plessis' at 80 (36 off 45 balls)

• On the other hand, Kohli loves hitting out against the India quicks in the Knight Riders squad. He has hit Umesh Yadav for 150 runs off 85 balls and Thakur for 67 off 42. So don't be surprised if they introduce Narine early against Kohli and du Plessis.

• Russell is going to play his 100th IPL game and Narine his 150th, and it will be in front of the Knight Riders home crowd.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
KKR pin their hopes on Narine the blatant chucker and Russell against Kohli-powered RCB
Knight Riders' top six faces a big challenge as the IPL returns to the Eden Gardens

Matter Tie Kohli up with spin
  • Maxwell, Kohli and du Plessis don't have great strike rates against Narine in the IPL. Maxwell's stands at 101.75 (58 off 57 balls), Kohli's at 103.06 (101 off 98) and du Plessis' at 80 (36 off 45 balls)

• On the other hand, Kohli loves hitting out against the India quicks in the Knight Riders squad. He has hit Umesh Yadav for 150 runs off 85 balls and Thakur for 67 off 42. So don't be surprised if they introduce Narine early against Kohli and du Plessis.

• Russell is going to play his 100th IPL game and Narine his 150th, and it will be in front of the Knight Riders home crowd.
Ftfy

G. S. Kohli

Livingstone will be in India around April 15, the dates are fluid," the ECB official said.

By April 15, PBKS will have played five of the 14 games.

Punjab bought him for 11.50 Crore.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What are KKR smoking with this lineup while batting 1st? They've got about 3 batsmen and that's it.

G. S. Kohli

Okay, so as one of the users pointed out, Suyash isn't in the XI that KKR have announced despite Rana talking of his inclusion at the toss. Will probably come in as the impact player.