• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2023

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
So GT won Close game after winning toss.

Gill Guide GT with 36 ball 63 well supported by Shankar/Saha/Sudarshan & Tevatia.

Debutant Hangarekar bowls at right area with 3 wkts & 9 sixes by Rutu G (92) in vain.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Over 4 hours for a game of T20 and not a penalty in sight for a slow over rate. I particularly liked the 5 minute delay whilst a ball was checked to see if it hit the spider cam after it had gone for 6 anyway. There also seemed to be a weird delay when an umpire prevented a new batsman from taking the field after a wicket, I suspect it was for a commercial break but that didn't happen in the UK. A number of recent ODI's have lasted significantly less than this drawn out nonsense.

I despise The Hundred for many reasons, but at least it does what it's supposed to.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Over 4 hours for a game of T20 and not a penalty in sight for a slow over rate. I particularly liked the 5 minute delay whilst a ball was checked to see if it hit the spider cam after it had gone for 6 anyway. There also seemed to be a weird delay when an umpire prevented a new batsman from taking the field after a wicket, I suspect it was for a commercial break but that didn't happen in the UK. A number of recent ODI's have lasted significantly less than this drawn out nonsense.

I despise The Hundred for many reasons, but at least it does what it's supposed to.
Indian coverage has an ad like every minute

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah Indian TV basically demands these games last 4 hours really. We also have to understand Indian summers are HOT.

G. S. Kohli

New Zealand's white-ball skipper Kane Williamson, who was signed for Rs 2 crore in the IPL 2023 mini auction last year by Gujarat Titans, has been ruled out of the entire season due to a knee injury that he suffered against Chennai Super Kings during the opening match, which took place in Ahmedabad on Friday (March 31) ...3 hours

G. S. Kohli

Dhawan in last 11 games not reach 50 as captain
Prabhasimran continued same form as In Sayed Mutaq Ali trophy this year with efforts less 6 off Umesh & 4/4/6 & out off southee

PBKS 23/1: 2 ovs
Nitish Rana captain today for KKR !

Last edited:

anil1405

International Captain
There also seemed to be a weird delay when an umpire prevented a new batsman from taking the field after a wicket, I suspect it was for a commercial break but that didn't happen in the UK.
That's how the 12th man/impact player is introduced into the game in place of an outgoing player. Similar to introducing substitutes in football.

Besides, your moaning in this thread seems to bring in some weird joy. Please keep it going.

G. S. Kohli

That's how the 12th man/impact player is introduced into the game in place of an outgoing player. Similar to introducing substitutes in football.

Besides, your moaning in this thread seems to bring in some weird joy. Please keep it going.
Yesterday saii sudarshan was impact player for GT

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
This Punjab team looking really good despite Livingstone and rabada both sitting out is a huge positive for them IMO. Reckon they've slipped under the radar a bit, could be a solid chance at a playoffs spot.

G. S. Kohli

This Punjab team looking really good despite Livingstone and rabada both sitting out is a huge positive for them IMO. Reckon they've slipped under the radar a bit, could be a solid chance at a playoffs spot.
Too early to say, Depends on venue (atleast 7 games away from their home Ground)