• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2023

kevinw

State Captain
Weird wicket. roussow knew he was out either way. Looked a stone dead lbw first up but given he was caught anyway, I'm struggling to see what the umpire was not giving.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wood was awesome to watch.

Meanwhile KKR have rocks in their head picking Southee over Ferguson unless Ferguson is injured. I see Southee's usual 127 kms half volleys were dispatched easily before getting a lucky leg-side strangle, and then he was subbed after 2 overs.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Amazing game
No one believed Lucknow will post 193.

When hard hitter Badoni out for 7 ball 18, Another impact player comes in, this time for LSG. KS Gowtham walks out to bat straightaway & hit 6.

G. S. Kohli

I missed live action, kind of too late to watch second innings in india,
So Mark wood playing only his 2nd game of IPL picked 5 for 14! (He debut in 2018 but out with injury)

Back after 2901 days Riley Rossouw (#2) in IPL Wade #1 with 3962 days

G. S. Kohli

Super Sunday today
1st game at 3.30 pm Average 1st innings score : 196.
Rajasthan Royal vs Haydrabad.

2nd Game Kohli ( RCB) v Mumbai Rohit
Kohli only 3 six away for 100 sixes at Chennai Swamy stadium.He also scored 2762 runs here.

Shady Slim

International Coach
So it's basically 12 a side. Well it works for both sides. The last subs rule tended to benefit the side batting second iirc.
yeah when the bbl did it it was stupid and they canned it

edit: albeit this is the ipl, and you could probably use an overseas player as your sub who's going to be a million times better than the sydney grade players who were bbl subs

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah when the bbl did it it was stupid and they canned it

edit: albeit this is the ipl, and you could probably use an overseas player as your sub who's going to be a million times better than the sydney grade players who were bbl subs
I don't like it in the IPL honestly. It rewards teams who didn't pick a genuine all-rounder. Feel like if teams where aware of this rule before the Auction they wouldn't have spent so much on green, Curran or stokes.

What's the point of the extra bucks on an all-rounder when I can just sub in a bowler after batting first with 7 bats.

anil1405

International Captain
I don't like it in the IPL honestly. It rewards teams who didn't pick a genuine all-rounder. Feel like if teams where aware of this rule before the Auction they wouldn't have spent so much on green, Curran or stokes.

What's the point of the extra bucks on an all-rounder when I can just sub in a bowler after batting first with 7 bats.
Yeah. SRH is one team that will benefit from this rule.