• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand domestic season 2022/23

thierry henry

International Coach
Kane's debut was this game - https://archive.nzc.nz/Scorecards/125/125313.html

In that 2nd innings, in fading light, ND sent out Kane instead of the nightwatchman, who then got out, then James Marshall came in and copped one of the most fearful earfuls I have ever heard from Andre Adams.
I'd forgotten Keeley Todd played for Auckland. His nephew Jamal got picked up by one of those UAE T20 league teams.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah the drums were beating, with valid reason, for 19 year old Kane to make the test team in 2009/10. He was 2 years into his FC career and plenty felt he was not just talented enough but had done enough at domestic level to make the team. This was the same summer where he was less than a month too old to have been playing in the under-19 World Cup in NZ that year.
Yeah I remember there was talk of debuting him against the Aussies in 09, but they went back to Sinclair.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Rutherford has had a poor season. Was therefore thinking, 'gee, unlucky to runout when in middle of a bad trot ...".

But, c'mon, had he just been bowling 40 overs and was a bit stiff? nope. I'll charitably say he looked reluctant to stretch his hamstring(s), and wonder if he's carrying an injury.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Both Ashok and Jo Walker are going to get no-balled (if ever elevated to play in a game with TV coverage) when bowling around the wicket.

thierry henry

International Coach
Rutherford has had a poor season. Was therefore thinking, 'gee, unlucky to runout when in middle of a bad trot ...".

But, c'mon, had he just been bowling 40 overs and was a bit stiff? nope. I'll charitably say he looked reluctant to stretch his hamstring(s), and wonder if he's carrying an injury.
I can excuse a guy for just not being very fast, but that was bizarre....seems to be more focused on pulling up as quickly as possible than running, and it doesn't even look like he was that far out

Howsie

International Captain
Four for Clarke, hopefully he picks up his maiden 5fer here. He doesn’t have the same hype as Fisher but I definitely see him as the better prospect.

He’ll be a more equiped Nathan Smith. Taller, faster, can bat just as well. Long career ahead of him

Ghost

U19 12th Man
Four for Clarke, hopefully he picks up his maiden 5fer here. He doesn’t have the same hype as Fisher but I definitely see him as the better prospect.

He’ll be a more equiped Nathan Smith. Taller, faster, can bat just as well. Long career ahead of him
I agree, I think the kid has loads of potential. Also (and perhaps most importantly) seems to be strong mentally. He dug the NZ U19s out of a couple of holes with the bat to keep them in the World Cup.

thierry henry

International Coach

Am I reading this right - this is his first ever bowl in FC cricket and he’s bowled 1 over before this in 72 games across the 3 formats?

No comment on whether you’re right or wrong but pretty hard to build all-rounder hype in those circumstances!

*Never mind, seems to be a cricinfo mistake?

Last edited:

thierry henry

International Coach
Are you looking at KD Clarke instead of KDC Clarke?
Cricinfo have Katene, who has never previously bowled, opening the bowling while Kristian hasn't bowled. Must be a mistake right?

I'd delete my earlier post out of embarrassment (honestly I knew very little about the two KD Clarkes except that Katene is a Counties boy), but I think I'll stick to blaming cricinfo

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo have Katene, who has never previously bowled, opening the bowling while Kristian hasn't bowled. Must be a mistake right?

I'd delete my earlier post out of embarrassment (honestly I knew very little about the two KD Clarkes except that Katene is a Counties boy), but I think I'll stick to blaming cricinfo
I've confused the 2 of them before as well.

I'd trust nzc.nz over cricinfo for our domestic stuff.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member

Making out like you're an 80-yr old with bad hips to try qualify for the NZ cricket team...