• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Spark

Global Moderator
They went at fours in the preceding session, but 21 of those came from one over early in it. That one over aside they still scored at just over threes.
Right and that one over was a bloke bowling fast-medium half trackers to a 60m boundary. Most of the run scoring after that was pushed singles. Honestly I don't see any evidence that they're doing anything other than batting normally, Australia just can't maintain the pressure.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Congrats to Kohli. Champions always find a way back.
and so does virat, apparently

nah on a real, huge dig. sure, say it's a road, but smith didn't do this, marnus didn't do this, rohit didn't do this, head didn't do this. so hard to detract from it in any way. clutch, needed and during a pressure situation to take his team from maybe being 100 short and giving the aussies a shot of closing the game out to making sure, if anything, only india can win this

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't think that's entirely fair tbh; Lyon has been excellent too. Just hasn't gotten the rewards

EDIT: Should have had one there for example
You know what I mean. Lyon has been good but AshWIN has been far better. Ash has been unlucky at various points this series too.. the Day 3 morning when Aus were chasing 70, for example.

Spark

Global Moderator
You know what I mean. Lyon has been good but AshWIN has been far better. Ash has been unlucky at various points this series too.. the Day 3 morning when Aus were chasing 70, for example.
Ashwin looked like Lyon did when Khawaja and Green were putting on their partnership - tight, but not likely to get either of them out. Lyon just hasn't been given the sort of generosity that Carey showed.

I really think Lyon has been excellent this innings.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Virat is looking good but his weaknesses remain IMO. Maybe he is good to score the odd 100 on a road but if he does not open himself up to playing off the backfoot on the offside with horizontal bat shots to the fast bowlers and sweeps the spinners behind square on the on side, he will always leave himself up to being tied down by bowlers and then become a sitting duck, esp. on tracks that do a bit for the bowlers.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ashwin looked like Lyon did when Khawaja and Green were putting on their partnership - tight, but not likely to get either of them out. Lyon just hasn't been given the sort of generosity that Carey showed.

I really think Lyon has been excellent this innings.
Nah hard disagree. Today the pitch has done quite a bit more for him and he had 480 in the bank to bowl with and he has not been as good as AshWIN inspite of two HUGE advantages over him.