• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man Kuhnemann really not giving that control needed.
Yeah he’s been disappointing. Sort of expected him to get ragged as the innings went on because he’s lacked stamina the last two tests, but he’s actually not bowled well from the start this test

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
450 up. session has produced runs at over 4 an over

"hot day. cash in after tea." coming up
I hope India doesn't declare today but they are definitely declaring it seems :(

Should bat as long as possible and make Australia bat tomorrow for 75-80 overs. Use a heavy roller in the morning and hit out, get as far ahead as possible so that the lead is big enough to account for whatever Australia can get in 75-80 overs. Try to bowl them out in that period. Unlikely but never know.

Burgey

Lol Carey’s kept really well this series but the poor bugger has conceded 10 byes without doing much wrong at all this innings

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I know he's wrong, but didn't feel like adding on to it beyond reminding him not to be easily swayed.
He's not just overreacting he's wrong. India have tried to hit a few more boundaries now because they're in a position where it's tough for them to lose the match even if collapse happens.

Kohli didn't just decide to be aggressive because he saw centurymaker's post on Cw about how stupid he was for batting slow.

Appeasement of the goras at full flow by all the indian posters. Forever having the inferiority complex. So this behaviour is totally predictable. Well done! Keep it up. Seen this happen many times on this forum that I am no longer surprised.

Spark

Global Moderator
Man Kuhnemann really not giving that control needed.
Yeah his figures don't look awful but to me the difference between the control Axar provided and he isn't (despite me not really being impressed with Axar either) is really showing up here

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Intent is not the most important. All the intent can't help you when the ball isn't coming on well enough to reliably knock around all over. Pitch and bowling are far more influential than intent, since intent can't force bowlers to bowl like **** all the time.
India didn't need to bat fast. So it made sense to play the way they did. They played cautiously in slow and low conditions.

Spark

Global Moderator
Been proven so wrong this session! It's the intent that makes the difference! Now they are trying to hit 4s and they are doing so comfortably. You lot have been blowing your own horns all match and have been proven wrong regarding literally everything.
Yeah the bowlers being absolutely exhausted surely has nothing to do with that at all. Axar showing so much intent scoring at... a strike rate of 50, with three boundaries and a six. One boundary scored in the last ten overs. Such an exemplary display of power hitting.

Just a complete nonsense line of posting.

Spark

Global Moderator
That and they've done the hard yards in grinding Australia out. Remember Green did a similar thing in the first innings.

I think you can plausibly criticise Smith for being so defensive, but occam's razor suggests that this is just a tough wicket to score quick on.
They're not even "scoring quickly" now in the sense that they're hitting tons of fours and taking the bowler on. Mostly what they're doing is running Australia ragged by taking a **** ton of singles and twos, and Australia just don't have the juice in their legs to keep it tight like they were yesterday.

Spark

Global Moderator
Must say I am enjoying the occasional bat dominated pitch, rare now a days.
I honestly haven't minded it. I actually quite enjoyed watching yesterday; it was good to see batsmen actually knuckle down and grind out runs against good, tight bowling that demanded that they show maximum concentration rather than just iNtEnT memeing it up.

Australia had the opportunity to really take an advantage, but the lack of depth in the spin department has just been shown up and India have batted well. And obviously no Cummins is a massive loss.

EDIT: And also Australia could have done exactly this had they kept more wickets in hand for that 5th and 6th batting session rather than being eight down. That Carey shot might have been a big turning point in hindsight, he's the bloke who could have pushed the scoring along quickly had he gotten set.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia in their history have only twice lost 4 or more series in a row against any one nation.

- West Indies beat them 5 times on the trot from mid 1980s to early 1990s.

- India is now 2nd on the list with Australia losing 4 consecutive series.

- No other time have they lost 4 times excluding results pre 1899.

And incredibly the series results are going to be identical 2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 2-1 potentially again.

R!TTER

State Regular
This is only the third time in Test History where a batting side has had 6 consecutive 50 + run partnerships :

1.Australia vs West Indies @ Brisbane 1960
2.Pakistan vs Bangladesh @ Khulna 2015
3. India vs Australia @ Ahmedabad 2023
So a tied test will this be :yoda!
And incredibly the series results are going to be identical 2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 2-1 potentially again.
Phixed WWE ?

Xix2565

International Regular
Appeasement of the goras at full flow by all the indian posters. Forever having the inferiority complex. So this behaviour is totally predictable. Well done! Keep it up. Seen this happen many times on this forum that I am no longer surprised.
****ing hell man. It's not sucking up to the white god to say that Australia were bowling well enough that Kohli wanted to block a bit earlier.

Spark

Global Moderator
Imagine how different this would all be, both match situation wise and narrative wise, if he'd nicked off on one of those first three balls he faced before tea yesterday. Such fine margins in this game.

Burgey

Yeah the bowlers being absolutely exhausted surely has nothing to do with that at all. Axar showing so much intent scoring at... a strike rate of 50, with three boundaries and a six. One boundary scored in the last ten overs. Such an exemplary display of power hitting.

Just a complete nonsense line of posting.
They went at fours in the preceding session, but 21 of those came from one over early in it. That one over aside they still scored at just over threes against an attack that’s been bowling 150 plus overs. It just isn’t an easy deck to score freely on.