• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

thundaboult

International Debutant
Depends what you mean by averaging. If it’s over the course of an entire test then very few bowlers average 90mph, you’re talking the Lee/Akhtar/Wood types for that. I’d categorise anyone who averages 140 kmh as fast. Gillespie wasn’t quite that but he was definitely towards the rapid end of the fast medium spectrum.
Yeah 140 over a test that lasts all 5 days.....That's def fast. That number prob goes higher if it doesn't last all 5 and the dudes load is managed....orrrrr, the bowling setup has full time a spinner who's actually backed and toiling it out lol.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Here goes the 16th(?) unsuccessful review in a row.

EDIT: Yep. Jokes aside, this is ridiculous. Did Blundell say 'Tim, wait' or did I mishear that?

Binkley

U19 Captain
Given that Gillespie is being talked about, that seems a good point of comparison to what I have seen of Tickner. Very much a rhythm player who could be terrible or great in any particular spell apparently at complete random.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Given that Gillespie is being talked about, that seems a good point of comparison to what I have seen of Tickner. Very much a rhythm player who could be terrible or great in any particular spell apparently at complete random.
It'd be easier to accommodate that sort of player in the team when CdG was playing to take up more slack in an off day, but as it is there'as probably not room.

Flem274*

123/5
Looks like a great comeback from the team. We'll done, terrific Mitchell ton and lower order runs then wickets for Tickner. Good and much needed day for us.

On Gillespie - much more consistent and predictable than Tickner. Took a while between injuries to reach max fitness but once he did was nasty stuff day in day out. He was a real lost opportunity for NZ unfortunately.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Think NZ have probably survived the scare here and won't be in the same position again for the rest of the series