• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Asitha fernando has a superb yorker, suprised he hasn't done better in international whiteball cricket given his domestic record and that yorker.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Asitha fernando has a superb yorker, suprised he hasn't done better in international whiteball cricket given his domestic record and that yorker.
Haha his record in international whiteball is truly putrid. Averages 200 in ODIs and goes at almost 7rpo. He might be the worst bowler of all time.

The prick in me hopes he never plays again so that record stands.

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
We've seen Southee, Mitchell, and Henry wait for their turn to smack it (well, two of them waited): now it's time for Wagner.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Only caught bits of that innings but looks like a heap of fun. Henry can be a very clean striker, a shame he couldn't beat Southee's 77.

Kumara good, I don't think Asitha was the right choice at the end.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
If NZ have Kane and play a proper bowling attack I think there a top 3/4 side in the world, even without Jamieson. They've got bowlers in domestic cricket that are better than Tickner/kuggs/current Wagner and have plenty of guys who can plug the #4 hole in the batting order, just need to be a bit more proactive in selection. A series against SL at home where your not fussed about WTC shenanigans is the best possible place to blood some young players.
Yeah we still have 7 good players in the XI, it's still a side with good bones if someone with some vision came along and wanted to refurbish it and bring through some good domestix players. It's the vision bit that is a problem.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'm just friggin nitpicking now but by an out n out quick do we mean a guy averaging 90mph? Was mark gillespie carryin that sorta heat? Didn't watch much him in tests at all
Depends what you mean by averaging. If it’s over the course of an entire test then very few bowlers average 90mph, you’re talking the Lee/Akhtar/Wood types for that. I’d categorise anyone who averages 140 kmh as fast. Gillespie wasn’t quite that but he was definitely towards the rapid end of the fast medium spectrum.