• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

Flem274*

123/5
I don't like wishing ill on a player and I still like him and hope he can build himself back up but it is best for NZ and Nicholls himself if he gets time at a lower level to score some runs.

This is also why "domestic cricketer" should be an upper middle class job. I'd hate to be Henry Nicholls going to renegotiate my mortgage right now.

Howsie

International Captain
I don't like wishing ill on a player and I still like him and hope he can build himself back up but it is best for NZ and Nicholls himself if he gets time at a lower level to score some runs.

This is also why "domestic cricketer" should be an upper middle class job. I'd hate to be Henry Nicholls going to renegotiate my mortgage right now.
New Zealand cricket just needs to go back to that money tree again ?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
NZ A have 2 "tests" vs Aus A at Lincoln next month. Far better for him to play those than white ball v SL.

Flem274*

123/5
New Zealand cricket just needs to go back to that money tree again ?
I mean they cry poor all the time then find money to pay extortion fees to the PCB and (correctly) doubled the womens money.

They just don't like test or domestic cricket tbh. I'd love to see the books.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think I've ever seen a sequence of posts celebrating a player failing like that... even for Crawley

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
They'll get a 2nd new ball early tomorrow morning and we might not be past 200.
Nah, with Mitchell out there and Blundell and Bracewell due in next the scoring rate will increase. It's just a matter of whether any of them will last long enough to make an impact.

ataraxia

International Coach
Pretty excellent review deciding by Karunaratne here – easy to get carried away with such a great spell underway probs

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think I've ever seen a sequence of posts celebrating a player failing like that... even for Crawley
I feel pretty bad about it tbh. Nicholls has made some great contributions to NZ cricket during his career. Was absolutely critical to our first series win in Asia in 30 odd years and has made quality hundreds against strong SA and England bowling lineups. I'm sad his battings gone into a bit of a tailspin. The reaction is more an indictment on the selection team than on him.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
That's nuts that a bowler bowling over the wicket pitches a ball in line and it hits the batsman outside off. Moving a ton, tough graft here for NZ. This whole test has felt like the bowling has been too good to actually take the wickets it deserves.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
I feel pretty bad about it tbh. Nicholls has made some great contributions to NZ cricket during his career. Was absolutely critical to our first series win in Asia in 30 odd years and has made quality hundreds against strong SA and England bowling lineups. I'm sad his battings gone into a bit of a tailspin. The reaction is more an indictment on the selection team than on him.
Feels like a Crawley situation, the guy is out of his depth but he keeps getting picked. The only difference is, unlike England we aren't winning. I'm all for giving players a little rope, but they don't need too much that they climb too high and put themselves in danger.