• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

Migara

International Coach
Fielding Asitha Fernado was a mistake in IMO. Chamika Karunarathne was the man for third seamer and #8 bat. CK is supremely fit and could be that bowler to bowl very long spells. He is good with the bat too.

Binkley

U19 Captain
I just turned the stream on after a day of meetings, and Lahuri looks like a decent prospect. He seems to be straining to bowl a bit too quick at the moment, but he bowls a heavy ball and got it to do a bit that over.

Binkley

U19 Captain
Lol! And I see he has already played 24 tests. I thought he must be a newbie. Shows how much I have followed Sri Lankan cricket recently.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I just turned the stream on after a day of meetings, and Lahuri looks like a decent prospect. He seems to be straining to bowl a bit too quick at the moment, but he bowls a heavy ball and got it to do a bit that over.
Haha I'm not sure if "prospect" is the word I'd use to describe someone who debuted seven years ago and has played 25 Tests and 42 limited overs internationals, but he's a handful at his best for sure.

Flem274*

123/5
Rigor massively underselling himself with that statement.

Would pick Turner, Suttcliffe, Richardson, Wright and even Conway over Latham. Score in SENA against quality pace and we'll talk.

Rigor picks Wright and Latham???? This is why past player opinion taken as gospel in ATG threads is silly lol.

Edit - he didn't say anything overt but it's ****ing hilarious how 90s and early 00s players are determined to never ever give Glenn Turner credit for anything. They all hate him so much for his coaching stint lol.

edit2 - there we go, some credit for Turner (as an ODI player).

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah you can’t blame Wagner or anyone for the matter who wants to continue on with their sporting career. You can blame management, coaching staffs etc who can’t, or refuse to see when someone is done though.

We are all dreaming if we actually expect Stead to tap him on the shoulder and tell him time is up
I know this is hours behind the fact, but no I don't blame Wags one iota. I don't blame any player that wants to go on as long as they can. They see the positives in themselves, that they still have something in the tank. You're right, it is up to management. And to be fair to Stead, he may face mutiny internally (I don't know, I'm guessing) if he did so. But you take the job under the proviso you should make the big calls when you need to.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't Rajitha use to bowl quick? Could have sworn him Chameera and Lahiru were all 140kph+ bowlers.