• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Numbers 8, 9 and 10 have all registered their Test high scores in this innings. Ajitha Fernando needs to reach 6 to make it a full set for one of the worst tails I've ever seen.
One wonders how a team so fragile is even in the hunt for a WTC spot. Perhaps more proof that the WTC is somewhat Micky Mouse.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
One wonders how a team so fragile is even in the hunt for a WTC spot. Perhaps more proof that the WTC is somewhat Micky Mouse.
SL in WTC:

2-0 vs Windies (home - 2 tests)
0-2 vs India (away - 2 tests)
1-0 vs Bangladesh (away - 2 tests)
1-1 vs Australia (home - 2 tests)
1-1 vs Pakistan (home - 2 tests)

They've been decent enough, but this series is their first outside Asia.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I think it's also partly a reflection of the fact that England's mid-cycle resurrection came too late to boost them up to top of the table, but also totally crushed SA and Pakistan's chances of being in the mix.
Yeah, when I saw the draw pre WTC I was picking Pakistan to possibly make the final.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, when I saw the draw pre WTC I was picking Pakistan to possibly make the final.
Yeah Pak and SL both looked to have the most favourable draws. I thought SL would be too crap to make use of it - expected them to lose their home series against Aus and Pak but they drew both - so good on them. Nowhere close to being one of the best two teams in the world though.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Dunno why they didn't show DRS for whether that lbw was hitting, but I thought Latham was very lucky it pitched just outside leg.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah Pak and SL both looked to have the most favourable draws. I thought SL would be too crap to make use of it - expected them to lose their home series against Aus and Pak but they drew both - so good on them. Nowhere close to being one of the best two teams in the world though.
We accept in white ball tournaments the two best teams can get knocked out early so I'm fine with it in WTC. It's a fair enough opinion now to pick Aus or India as the best even if they miss out on the final. WTC finalist is a good indicator of who has played well for 2 years.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We accept in white ball tournaments the two best teams can get knocked out early so I'm fine with it in WTC.
Yeah it's obviously fine that the best team doesn't always win every tournament, as long as we recognise that they aren't necessarily the best after they win as well.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Still too much trash in between the good ones, but this is the most threatening Rajitha bowling I've seen, in that he's moved a few off the straight and beaten the bat. That's off a low base though, as he was dreadful last time he played NZ (just checked and was 2 tests without taking a wicket).

Meanwhile Asitha's best chance looks to be a strangle down the legside.