• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

Flem274*

123/5
Nah the captain showing faith in his bowler after a bad over is good. What is bad is the situation was created by the selectors in the first place.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Richardson saying Jamieson is a second innings bowler when he averages 18.1 in the first innings and 21.4 in the second. ?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah the captain showing faith in his bowler after a bad over is good. What is bad is the situation was created by the selectors in the first place.
It's not about the first over being bad. I would've pulled him off even if he jagged a wicket maiden out of it. It's just tactical cowardice when they should be able to roll through the rest in a handful of overs.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I guess they were trying to give Tickner a bit of a chance to get back into his rhythm and some confidence before the second innings, but it did seem after that first over that it wasn’t going to work. And it hasn’t.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This has been one of the most unconvincing 12 not outs in the history of cricket. Absolute travesty that it's worth more runs than Rob Quiney's 9.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Dave: "@Vis On the other hand if Nathan Lyon lived in NZ he would have only played a dozen or so tests because we only pick spinners based on their batting"
Which one of you is Dave?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This is torturous from Jayasuriya lol
I remember an anecdote in Harry Thompson’s terrific book “Penguins Stopped Play” about how when he was in India he had a net against an India U19 spinner, and he kept playing and missing over and over while the kid kept getting more and more frustrated. He eventually concluded that the bowler was simply too good to get him out. Getting similar sorts of vibes watching Jayasuria bat this morning.

Edit: and now he’s gone.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I remember an anecdote in Harry Thompson’s terrific book “Penguins Stopped Play” about how when he was in India he had a net against an India U19 spinner, and he kept playing and missing over and over while the kid kept getting more and more frustrated. He eventually concluded that the bowler was simply too good to get him out. Getting similar sorts of vibes watching Jayasuria bat this morning.

Edit: and now he’s gone.
He got to 12 reasonably quickly - the final three runs being off that Henry dropped c&b chance - but after that he faced 24 balls for 1 run and 13 plays-and-misses. Putrid.