• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia slightly ahead but I reckon we need to bat for at least another 40-50 overs
I see Australia batting 5 sessions. India might bat just as long. There's hardly any wear and tear after 1 whole day of heat, so I don't expect this pitch to break up easily.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I see Australia batting 5 sessions. India might bat just as long. There's hardly any wear and tear after 1 whole day of heat, so I don't expect this pitch to break up easily.
Scoreboard pressure if Australia can get a good total here might help

Shri

Mr. Glass
this will play out like the rajkot test vs england from the time they visited before the last tour.

turn might only come into play after lunch on day 5 if at all it happens

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Disagree! If India bats just as well, then Australia will be trying to save the match in the 3rd innings.

However, I have placed $100 on a draw.

Bookies are seriously over-paying the draw here. 3.6 is way too high. They have been blinded by the three pitches prior to this.

And just need Australia to score another 45 runs and I will have made about $400 on my pre-innings bet of Aus scoring over 300 runs.

This just feels like an ideal match to place run
scoring bets. Batting expectations are low meanwhile the pitch is a road...
You should of backed the draw earlier when it was 11/1, but I wouldn't be that confident that this road will hold up 5 days.

Gob

International Coach
India ahead 60 to 40

Also what a pile of garbage posts re Smith's impending retirement. ****ing idiots

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
You should of backed the draw earlier when it was 11/1, but I wouldn't be that confident that this road will hold up 5 days.
Even if it doesn't, it won't behave like the last test pitch at any stage. It's black soil. Slow and low. And will hold steady.

At no stage it will have quick turn like Indore (red soil). Slow turn even if it turns more later is still manageable.

It was not certain before how the pitch will hold under 36 degrees heat. Only now I'm confident that it won't break easily.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Even if it doesn't, it won't behave like the last test pitch at any stage. It's black soil. Slow and low. And will hold steady.

At no stage it will have quick turn like Indore (red soil). Slow turn even if it turns more later is still manageable.

It was not certain before how the pitch will hold under 36 degrees heat. Only now I'm confident that it won't break easily.
Tomorrows forecast is 38 degrees.

If Australia bat until tea, they will grind the Indian side down for the remainder of the test imo.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
The two wins barely brought me any joy. Test cricket is way less fun without that chubster :(
In the indian lineup he is the only batsman I like watching. In fact I tend to only turn the tv on when he comes on to bat. Cbf watching others struggle. It's been hard to actively watch this series without him!!

There's no middle order counter attacks :( the sixes off lyon :( I am really missing his 60 ball 70s. The inevitable easy dismissal in the 90s after taking apart the opposition. I really really hope he is back sooner. Test cricket involving India feels hollow without him.

India can score 500 and it will still not feel great without a Pant counterattack in there! He is Sehwag but better. So sad to lose 1-2 years of his career.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Top knock from Uzi and excellent partnership with Green but reckon it’s about par soa lots more to do

sphynx

U19 Debutant
390 in a day is only 4.33 runs per over.

England will surely manage that on a flat pitch against India. But I highly doubt India will give England a single flat pitch though.

Awesome, they’ve applied bazball to what so far? Home pitches and Pakistani runways? I don’t count the most out of form test side in the world at the moment who even SL are knocking about at over 4 an over atm.

England are not scoring almost 400 in a day against India in India, no matter how up and about their fans are at the moment

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Axar is obviously a good cricketer but he’d have to rely on his all round skills to play tests in most countries as he simply has no variety whatsoever in his bowling

Vastly different proposition when it’s ragging to facing him on a decent batting pitch

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Awesome, they’ve applied bazball to what so far? Home pitches and Pakistani runways? I don’t count the most out of form test side in the world at the moment who even SL are knocking about at over 4 an over atm.

England are not scoring almost 400 in a day against India in India, no matter how up and about their fans are at the moment
Australia should have scored 300 today. (300/5 would have been better than 255/4, but at least its not 225/4). Australia played a bit too cautiously, which is understandable given the pitches prior to this match. If Head had got going, Australia would have definitely got 300+ today.

And I expect England to score another 80-90 runs on top (1 extra run per over) because that's how they play now. They don't freaking care about getting out! They could even be 380 all out at end of day 1. But they would definitely score the runs.