• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
even day. aus have starc and green as their quicks plus 3 inexperienced spinners set to bowl on a road. hopefully we equal their 1st innings score ourselves and umesh/shami reverse swing it in the 3rd innings and shoot them out to setup an easy chase when track gets more abrasive. don't expect it to turn much even on day 4 or 5
Nah we’re in front. Four down at stumps after a full quota on day one of any game has you in front. Three down we’d have been in clover.

Spark

Global Moderator
Rohit's decision to take the new ball may prove to be quietly decisive. Just an autopilot piece of captaincy, didn't look like Umesh or Shami were ready for it either

subshakerz

International Coach
even day. aus have starc and green as their quicks plus 3 inexperienced spinners set to bowl on a road. hopefully we equal their 1st innings score ourselves and umesh/shami reverse swing it in the 3rd innings and shoot them out to setup an easy chase when track gets more abrasive. don't expect it to turn much even on day 4 or 5
I like that you are the Indian poster who has a no-BS gung-ho positive take on your team.

subshakerz

International Coach
Are Australia ahead? Yes, but not by much.

They still have a long climb left because 400 seems a par total for this pitch. A good 1st session can bring India back in the back.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty good day. That partnership helps. Need to carry on, but if we bat past lunch it'll be tough to beat us.
Disagree! If India bats just as well, then Australia will be trying to save the match in the 3rd innings.

However, I have placed $100 on a draw.

Bookies are seriously over-paying the draw here. 3.6 is way too high. They have been blinded by the three pitches prior to this.

And just need Australia to score another 45 runs and I will have made about $400 on my pre-innings bet of Aus scoring over 300 runs.

This just feels like an ideal match to place run
scoring bets. Batting expectations are low meanwhile the pitch is a road...

subshakerz

International Coach
I love how Green has shown this isn't the turgid pitch it looked like when Smith was batting. It's a proper batting deck.

subshakerz

International Coach
Disagree! If India bats just as well, then Australia will be trying to save the match in the 3rd innings.

However, I have placed $100 on a draw.

Bookies are seriously over-paying the draw here. 3.6 is way too high. They have been blinded by the three pitches prior to this.

And just need Australia to score another 45 runs and I will have made about $400 on my pre-innings bet of Aus scoring over 300 runs.

This just feels like an ideal match to place run
scoring bets. Batting expectations are low but pitch is a road.
I too will be surprised if India don't bat well on this pitch. Rohit, Pujara and Kohli all seemed in good touch this series even though their output doesn't show it.

Last edited: