• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Spark

Global Moderator
Definitely a tough pitch to score quickly against spin on. Might be a day for the purists, this one.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Decent session for Australia after batting 1st but picking India to storm back in the 2nd session & have them 171/6 at tea.

Anyone for a Tea score sweep before play resumes?

Zinzan - 171/6

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Definitely a tough pitch to score quickly against spin on. Might be a day for the purists, this one.
Yeah looks like a more 'normal' Day 1 Indian wicket - there's some turn but it's consistent and it's slow, and no-one's getting any bounce. I don't think Ashwin and Jadeja (or the Oz spinners for that matter) will be as threatening for batsmen who trust their techniques but it'll be hard to score quickly against accurate spin bowling, and throwing it away like Head did is a killer.

I think this sort of pitch is actually where the biggest gulf between India and Australia will lie. They should've tried to make all four like this IMO.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Hayden is one of the poorest commentators I’ve heard. Shut him up and bring the god of commentary back

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah looks like a more 'normal' Day 1 Indian wicket - there's some turn but it's consistent and it's slow, and no-one's getting any bounce. I don't think Ashwin and Jadeja (or the Oz spinners for that matter) will be as threatening for batsmen who trust their techniques but it'll be hard to score quickly against accurate spin bowling, and throwing it away like Head did is a killer.

I think this sort of pitch is actually where the biggest gulf between India and Australia will lie. They should've tried to make all four like this IMO.
Yeah this here is the pitch where we desperately need a certain P. Cummins.