• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Raz0r6ack

U19 12th Man
I don't really think you can constitute combining South Africa and the West Indies into one team considering South Africa refused to compete against the West Indies until the rebel series in the 1980s.

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
"Afro-American" is a term with an actual, defined meaning and it's not "people from the Americas or Africa".

I think we should probably end this line of discussion here regardless.
i get it the word has a different meaning we can name them "Africa-America XI"

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Why would a combined team contain WI and SA?

I think every cricketing nation had some form of British influence or colonialism.

It sounds like you’re saying “the WIs cricketers are mostly dark skinned so they belong in a combined team with the nation with Africa as part of its name”

In short, stop.

Red

I started this thread over ten years ago, btw.

That wasn’t a flex. It’s kinda sad ?

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain

I think every cricketing nation had some form of British influence or colonialism.

It sounds like you’re saying “the WIs cricketers are mostly dark skinned so they belong in a combined team with the nation with Africa as part of its name”

In short, stop.
I am not having any Racial feelings but may be you have so you are over sensitized. I divided the Teams based on their Historical proximity not based on Skin.

Pakistan India Sri Lanka Bangladesh are from South Asia.
West Indies, South Africa and Zimbabwe i placed them in one team just to make a strong 3rd team.
Australia, England and New Zealand all 3 are under British Monarchy and players accept Knighthood from Queen. So placed them in One Team.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You'd think after the last similar incident that you should maybe just end a line a discussion when a mod makes a post like that.

It's almost like you don't realise it's not compulsory to divide the cricket world up into two-three teams based on race, culture or heritage. I'd just steer clear of that and talk about other things.

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain

In short, stop.
Make a Healthy Argument and don't turn it ugly.

Africa-America XI is a Team where i combined players from 2 Continents and not based on Skin or Color of Faeces.

Red

You'd think after the last similar incident that you should maybe just end a line a discussion when a mod makes a post like that.

It's almost like you don't realise it's not compulsory to divide the cricket world up into two-three teams based on race, culture or heritage. I'd just steer clear of that and talk about other things.
Can he just do his white/black/caramel XIs to get it out of his system?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I am not having any Racial feelings but may be you have so you are over sensitized. I divided the Teams based on their Historical proximity not based on Skin.

Pakistan India Sri Lanka Bangladesh are from South Asia.
West Indies, South Africa and Zimbabwe i placed them in one team just to make a strong 3rd team.
Australia, England and New Zealand all 3 are under British Monarchy and players accept Knighthood from Queen. So placed them in One Team.
The countries in the West Indies are the ones who seem to get the most knighthoods.

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
The countries in the West Indies are the ones who seem to get the most knighthoods.
@Fuller Pilch i know your intelligence is limited to supporting your Pessimistic Friend :laugh: . Some Countries in West Indies are still under British Monarchy but as i said just included them in 3rd team to make them Stronger. I am not offering a Perfect Definition for dividing 3 Teams.

I don't want to further argue on this topic as per Moderator Instruction. But i advice @Fuller Pilch and @Red to look at Life in a more optimistic way than focusing on trying to brand people as Racist.

Remember that People who have Racial feelings will be hyper sensitive to blame others as Racist.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Look, I think we just see things differently to you regarding history and geography. We are not trying to belittle you, or call you a racist. Several of us (not just Red and your's truly) find your way of dividing teams up is a little odd (but that happens a lot in this thread). Let's keep things civil.

Finally, Red is surely a great bloke, but we can never be friends. Call me racist and xenophobic, but he's an Australian...

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
Look, I think we just see things differently to you regarding history and geography. We are not trying to belittle you, or call you a racist. Several of us (not just Red and your's truly) find your way of dividing teams up is a little odd (but that happens a lot in this thread). Let's keep things civil.

Finally, Red is surely a great bloke, but we can never be friends. Call me racist and xenophobic, but he's an Australian...
Your Great bloke had a problem if i include West Indies and South Africa in one Team. Why Skin Color should come into discussion.
There is also another reason to include England and Australia in one team as they were traditional rivals of Cricket from 1877.