• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That went about as well as anyone could have foreseen. It is really a battle of very flawed batting lineups on bowler friendly, yet reasonable wickets. If anything, this pitch esp. on day 1 was the most bowler friendly but even that settled down past the first session. Australia were far more relentless with the ball but it once again shows you why its actually a good idea to bowl first in the winter wickets in India, esp. if they are as used as the tracks this year have been.

The only chances India had in the test were with the ball on day 1 when we sucked and then with the bat on day 2 when quite a few batsmen got in but were dismissed. The fielding essentially ended up being the difference with those two brilliant catches really being decisive in the end.

No point in going after the bowles when the batting has been this inept though. And the scary part is, without Pant, it is really showing up how bad the rest of the batting line up is. Shreyas is fine and Pujara keeps rediscovering some form when on the verge of enough low scores to be dropped but Virat really needs to start using strokes that help him access the entire field instead of closing up areas he can score off or he has to be dropped. Even for his own sake, I think he needs time in the FC circuit and maybe in the counties in England to rediscover his red ball batting. I was hoping his improved form in LO would translate, especially as I saw he had started to at least give himself the option of the cut shot against fast bowlers these days but he is still a bit of a sitting duck against spin as he really does not push the score along and there are always catchers around to take advantage of the smallest mistake.

I expect Ahmedabad to be more like Nagpur than Indore and so would probably have Shami replace Siraj and Kuldeep replace Umesh. I dont think adding SKY to the line up will change too much for us, so most likely I expect Ishan Kishan to get the game at Ahmedabad as our batting is the part that sucked this game. Pujara got runs, Virat is Virat and Gill and Shreyas have just come back to the side. The actual disappointment this test was Jadeja. He is now expected to score runs and he looked pretty bad both innings and his bowling was completely off color as well. Hopefully he is back at his best at Motera or else we are screwed big time.

All that said though, the Aussie line up is prone to lollapses too, so we may yet win even with this joke of a batting line up.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
A seriously impressive victory for the Aussies and they have all the momentum going in to the final test.

Should be another fascinating game, a pity that there's not 5 tests.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When the inconsistency is only low, it lets batsmen adapt. And its not physically dangerous.
When a dry pitch is substandard from ball 1, it never improves

I am happy that Australia won but that pitch was a disgrace and my opinion wouldn’t change irrespective of the result

2.5 day tests which unduly favour bowlers don’t help the game at all

Sunil1z

International Regular
Does anyone else feel there is basically no controversy in BG Trophy in last 3 series (2018,20,23) ?

Spark

Global Moderator
When the inconsistency is only low, it lets batsmen adapt. And its not physically dangerous.
The inconsistency was definitely not "only low", we had balls hitting Head on the shoulder this morning and Pujara yesterday evening. He even said as much, he was always aware that at some point one ball would spit at him and take the glove, and there would be nothing he could do

Gob

International Coach
This is just the second time India were beaten at home in the last ten years when both Ashwin and Jadeja played together (first being Pune)
Only other win was the one England fluked against a far weakened bowling attack