• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pujara deserves to be dropped moreso and trying to blood a new 3 and 4 at the same time could be disastrous imo

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pujara deserves to be dropped moreso and trying to blood a new 3 and 4 at the same time could be disastrous imo
Yeah I'd definitely drop Pujara before Kohli too but he played a seriously gun knock yesterday so the timing would be really weird. I do think he's properly done though.

They probably both have to play the fourth Test and then reevaluate after that.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
Kohli actually looks pretty good at the crease and it’s likely that a big score is on the horizon
He always looks like that before getting out. Always. Almost every inning of his over the last 3 years follows the exact same pattern. Gets off the gates looking assured and aggressive. Gets into the 20's/30's and just gets bogged down due to his limited arsenal of shots and eventually either ends up playing a loose shot or gets a "good one". But the good one is always right around the corner given how few shots he actually plays. The guy at this point simply lacks the mental fortitude and more importantly, the skill to accelerate past scores of 20's and 30's. Nobody is in "bad form" for 3+ years. It just means you suck now. He should've been dropped a year ago itself.

Spark

Global Moderator
I will say that though I didn't expect that particular mode of dismissal I didn't really feel that Kohli would last yesterday. He pushes so damn hard at the ball, it brings so many modes of dismissal into play. That's before we get to the fact that his shot selection is probably not Test standard at this point.

duffer

Yeah, they just binned KL so I get the logic of too many changes being an issue stability wise.

I'd argue however, that the 3 idiots' output was so poor over the last couple of years that you'd have nothing to lose by blooding talented youngsters or selecting someone in seriously good form (like Sarfaraz).

Starfighter

The trouble with the 'you can't drop them at the same time' mentality is in actual practice the choice isn't made and you end up with both players hanging around longer.

duffer

The trouble with the 'you can't drop them at the same time' mentality is in actual practice the choice isn't made and you end up with both players hanging around longer.
At least half of our Mount Rushmore (KL and Jinx) are out of the team I suppose. The next two will take some time

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Kohli does not deserve a place on merit. It’s really that simple. There are other players who I would back to score more runs in the next Test and that’s honestly the only consideration that should matter. It’s three years! It’s not like he hasn’t had chances. There is no reason to feel hard done by if ion get dropped after doing badly for three years. The only people who should feel bad are those in domestic cricket scoring loads of runs because they’re legitimately feeling that this is not fair.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I imagine Australia should win this now, but not smugly. I am quite prepared that I might be experiencing that awful laughter you do when your team ****s up a certain win monumentally.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean people have been saying here for years that minefields like these massively benefit touring teams compared to normal turners, because it eliminates the differences between the attacks.
Yeah I'm never going to get why they do it. Like Sri Lanka and Bangladesh I can understand because they are terrible and need to make the conditions as alien as possible for SENA teams to have a chance. But India are strong and would win 95% of the time on normal Indian wickets.

How did they not learn after the 1 game they lost in 2017 against Aus was on a minefield that maybe it's not a great idea

It worked in 2004 because that Aus team was stronger than the Indian team so the Mumbai dustbowl gave India a chance to get lucky and take a game off them but this 2023 Aus team shouldn't even be in the same stratosphere as this 2023 Indian team in Indian conditions

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As Bill O'Reilly said when he was asked why he hadn't made public what he really thought about Bradman "You don't piss on statues, son"

I suspect there's a bit about that wrt Kohli given he was skipper and the gun bat in a period where India really prospered.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah I'm never going to get why they do it. Like Sri Lanka and Bangladesh I can understand because they are terrible and need to make the conditions as alien as possible for SENA teams to have a chance. But India are strong and would win 95% of the time on normal Indian wickets.

How did they not learn after the 1 game they lost in 2017 against Aus was on a minefield that maybe it's not a great idea

It worked in 2004 because that Aus team was stronger than the Indian team so the Mumbai dustbowl gave India a chance to get lucky and take a game off them but this 2023 Aus team shouldn't even be in the same stratosphere as this 2023 Indian team in Indian conditions
Not like in 2023 have that many players you would consider spin bullies either, this lot has been spun out by some bang average spinners over the years, most Indian posters here remember Mooen ****ing Ali ripping through them on more than one occasion ffs.

Iyer on this front has been the biggest letdown , some very nice numbers in Asia before this series but dunno has he bought into his own hype to much but wow he has not been impressive at all.

mr_mister

Not like in 2023 have that many players you would consider spin bullies either, this lot has been spun out by some bang average spinners over the years, most Indian posters here remember Mooen ****ing Ali ripping through them on more than one occasion ffs.

Iyer on this front has been the biggest letdown , some very nice numbers in Asia before this series but dunno has he bought into his own hype to much but wow he has not been impressive at all.
Maybe it's me being overly judgemental, but when he walked out with the baggy cap combo plus his facial hair double earrings in the first knock I thought this guy thinks he's on for an easy ton here. Seemed overconfident

Xix2565

International Regular
Maybe it's me being overly judgemental, but when he walked out with the baggy cap combo plus his facial hair double earrings in the first knock I thought this guy thinks he's on for an easy ton here. Seemed overconfident
And if he had gotten 200+ then what? He's perfectly confident? Hate this dumb idea that we're all perfect mind readers.