• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Chrish

International Debutant
I don’t care about him being a #11 - the Siraj wicket really pissed me off more than anything else this game. He’s not even a Shami or Yadav that could potentially pull off a shot like that. He knew before he played it that there was probably a 75% chance of him getting out doing it. ****ing braindead batting.
Okay Sundar’s dad..

slippy888

International Captain
I think Kholi should play county cricket he got a few months window, it might help him get his batting back into shape for test cricket. He will have a 2 month window at least after ipl.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Its hard to criticize the Indore curator too much though. They had short notice and maybe they had a different type of track in mind for the Irani Trophy and then had to change all of a sudden for an international.
Yeah this was meant to be the Dharmasala game wasn’t it?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Its hard to criticize the Indore curator too much though. They had short notice and maybe they had a different type of track in mind for the Irani Trophy and then had to change all of a sudden for an international.
There was enough time to water and roll the pitch decently, something that obviously wasn't done.

Burgey

I'm actually not against the occasional rank turner but the batting average for the series is 19.13 which as it stands is the lowest of any series of 3 or more matches since 2000, other than the similarly ridiculous 2016 India vs SA series.

I think its healthy for the the batting average for a series to even out to 30 plus or minus 5 runs. Not necessarily in each match, but across venues.
Get the sentiment but tbh this is the only pitch that’s been crazy hard to play on. India made 400 first test and it was crap batting in the second which cost Aus

Burgey

I don’t care about him being a #11 - the Siraj wicket really pissed me off more than anything else this game. He’s not even a Shami or Yadav that could potentially pull off a shot like that. He knew before he played it that there was probably a 75% chance of him getting out doing it. ****ing braindead batting.
Maybe he thought he’d earned the right to be aggressive?

AnthonyC

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Lol no way Australia is loosing this.. This ghambhiring is cringe worthy..
Genuine average Australian supporter knows any team on get rolled on a pitch like this, and it is not hared to imagine a quick run of wickets and we have almost no batting in the tail, 6 out is practically all out. Plus the morning sessions have been when the most wickets have fallen. No ghambhiring, just knows this team can and has lollapsed in this series already and could easily do so again.

Niall

International Coach
I think Kholi should play county cricket he got a few months window, it might help him get his batting back into shape for test cricket. He will have a 2 month window at least after ipl.

I would have agreed a few years ago, but county cricket is not great these days. Mega test mug Shan Masood has rocked up to county cricket and scored plenty sadly and then proceeded to fail miserably for Pakistan.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kohli actually looks pretty good at the crease and it’s likely that a big score is on the horizon

Plus law of averages etc

Even Warner, who looks completely shot, got 200 against SA

Burgey

Yeah he does. He doesn't look as though he's lost it like Warner has. His footwork still looks sharp (in this series at least).

Anyway, if Aus gets home this game it's largely down to Lyon. Khawaja was great first dig but Lyon's bowling since the first test has gone a long way to getting Aus into decent positions both here and Delhi. Just up til now they've ****ed it up. Seven wickets last test and 11 this one is a huge return after going 1/120 in the first. Got to admit I thought he was on his last legs after that game. 18 wickets at 11.9 the past two tests suggests I was mistaken. Fair play to him.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Genuine average Australian supporter knows any team on get rolled on a pitch like this, and it is not hared to imagine a quick run of wickets and we have almost no batting in the tail, 6 out is practically all out. Plus the morning sessions have been when the most wickets have fallen. No ghambhiring, just knows this team can and has lollapsed in this series already and could easily do so again.
tbf there's a difference between acknowledging that a mighty lollapse is possible given everything and wetting one's pants in fear of the creaking apparitions of our mind's creation that it actually will

Spark

Global Moderator
Kohli reminds me a lot of late career Ponting right now tbh - looks fine technically, but he seems to lose concentration and make an error or two every hundred or so balls.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Kohli reminds me a lot of late career Ponting right now tbh - looks fine technically, but he seems to lose concentration and make an error or two every hundred or so balls.
Very late career Ponting - like his last couple of series - looked legitimately ****ed, but yeah for quite a while I just thought it was variance and that he'd be churning out runs again soon. I still feel that way about Kohli too.

He definitely *deserves* to be dropped, but I can't help but feel India would be less likely to win Tests if they actually did replace him right now. Could be wrong if it really is a Ponting type situation.

Last edited: