• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
My realistic prediction for today is that the Indian bowlers will be under pressure to keep the lead to a minimum so as a result they’ll be constantly trying to make something happen and won’t bowl well. However the pitch and some bad shots from the Aussies will mean they will be all out for about 250 (with maybe one good partnership of about 50 in the middle) giving a lead around 140ish. India to end the day about 130/5.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
That no-ball sound is super obnoxious for test cricket. Jadeja keeps giving my sleeping little one a jump scare. That and no Mark Waugh (from what I watched) are more reasons to watch on mute.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
My realistic prediction for today is that the Indian bowlers will be under pressure to keep the lead to a minimum so as a result they’ll be constantly trying to make something happen and won’t bowl well. However the pitch and some bad shots from the Aussies will mean they will be all out for about 250 (with maybe one good partnership of about 50 in the middle) giving a lead around 140ish. India to end the day about 130/5.
If Aus score 250, India are out of the game tbh. Honestly anything more than 180 from Aus would probably mean an easy Indian defeat.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
about right.

I don't see India bowing to potential. Will try too hard rather than keep it simple.

the big bambino

International Captain
India but too deep to fold like they did in the 1st innings. Australia should budget for a 300 score in the 3rd innings of the match and try and get as many as they can against that now.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't see India bowing to potential. Will try too hard rather than keep it simple.
Its what happened yesterday. For all of Virat's faults as a captain who led by emotion, Rohit has been even worse in that regard. Those reviews yesterday and his reactions to every error on the field... :(

For a guy who's captaincy seems a lot more analytics driven than feelings driven, he sure does show off way too much of those feelings.

Hopefully, the Indian bowlers have settled down and figured out what to do today, and hopefully the first session voodoo continues. Otherwise, Australia are winning this today itself.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What a gun knock from usman. Hopefully green can recreate his sri lanka knock and get us to 200-250. Given how carey's been batting recently and the size of the tail bar starc I reckon where still a good chance of getting rolled for under 200.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Its what happened yesterday. For all of Virat's faults as a captain who led by emotion, Rohit has been even worse in that regard. Those reviews yesterday and his reactions to every error on the field... :(

For a guy who's captaincy seems a lot more analytics driven than feelings driven, he sure does show off way too much of those feelings.

Hopefully, the Indian bowlers have settled down and figured out what to do today, and hopefully the first session voodoo continues. Otherwise, Australia are winning this today itself.
Nothing more demotivating than a leader who can't control his frustration at his charges in public. Makes you miss MS even more.

Xix2565

International Regular
Feels like you're all reading far more into captaincy than is reasonable. India played poorly, that's on everyone's head, not just Rohit. If they do well today that's not just going to be some Rohit magic involved either. Either way, I don't think it's worthwhile to project your disappointment onto the players, it'll just ruin your mood for no reason when there's something to look forward to.

Spark

Global Moderator
I did think Rohit's captaincy prior to tea was remarkably poor in an oddly unremarkable sort of way; the sheer number of easy singles on offer unquestionably made it far easier for Khawaja and Labuschagne to settle in and get the scoreboard ticking. Basically gave away the entire first innings lead for minimal risk - well, as minimal as you can get on a pitch where every third ball is doing something completely random.