• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Niall

International Coach
I want to see more heads roll for Gujarat. Pujara is done. Iyer's batting has verged on reckless this series. Kohli can look compact all he wants but those big scores aren't gonna make themselves. Tbh, I'm fed up with this constant hope that this time might be *the* time. Not sure how we get rid of him; hopefully he decides Bollywood/PETA needs a savior and goes away happily.

I'm just fed up with this unending stooltrail of hapless batting from the top order. This is not what we grew up accustomed to, not on Indian soil. Tough wickets, yes, but the lack of technique and application is appalling.
Yep.

India as others have pointed out have been over reliant on Ashwin, Jadeja , the pacers and Pant to cover for the seniors' declining abilities and something has to give. India should still win this test series, but I look at this lot and I can see England beating them next year.

Sadly though, Ashwin and Jadeja will probably spin Australia out next test and nothing will change.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Yep.

India as others have pointed out have been over reliant on Ashwin, Jadeja , the pacers and Pant to cover for the seniors' declining abilities and something has to give. India should still win this test series, but I look at this lot and I can see England beating them next year.

Sadly though, Ashwin and Jadeja will probably spin Australia out next test and nothing will change.
if England find another spinner to help Leach they will win for sure as long as India continues playing these ****s

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Yep.

Yeah, England's approach will absolutely kill us off, just like how one aggressive knock tomorrow from an Aussie will push this beyond our reach.

Slifer

International Captain
I'm curious to know others assessments of the wicket. My thoughts is that damn, if ever there was a spinning wicket this is it. Almost unfair to the batsmen. Respect to Khawaja!!!

Sunil1z

International Regular
I'm curious to know others assessments of the wicket. My thoughts is that damn, if ever there was a spinning wicket this is it. Almost unfair to the batsmen. Respect to Khawaja!!!
Readymade wicket to win the series here and practice for WTC final in next Test .

Has backfired spectacularly though ?

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Very tough, can't do anything about grubbers. BUT neither do you jump out like Rohit to Kuhnemann in his first over without gauging the pitch and how much help a given bowler can extract from it. OR play around the ball against the turn like Kohli's LBW. And these are thoroughbreds, they should know better in these conditions.

Edit: My bad, Kohli went to Murphy round the wicket, so technically not playing against the turn, but Murphy's no great turner anyway. Should have been deadbatting it.

Shri

Mr. Glass
if we lose i want something out of it and one of the players that i rate to do well. green 100 pls. or ash getting all 10 in last innings

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
If India go on to lose both tests and series ends 2-2, I am certain heads will roll and at least two of Rahul, Pujara and Kohli will have to make way!

So it's not a total lose lose situation for India. Need these oldies out asap.

Axar hasn't been convincing either this series which is another concern. I would drop him for Kuldeep next test or I would drop a pacer for Kuldeep because pacers are almost redundant on a bunsen like this. I am sure kuldeep will pick up wickets!

Sunil1z

International Regular
if we lose i want something out of it and one of the players that i rate to do well. green 100 pls. or ash getting all 10 in last innings
Have faith in Bangalore 2017 or Mumbai 2004 .
Do post-mortem after the Test .

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
If India wins this series, I doubt much will change and I can see India losing to England at home!

Guys like Sarfraz need to be given a go.

subshakerz

International Coach
Khawaja is turning out to be the best player of spin for Australia.